1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other HTC Desire HD Restarting

Discussion in 'General' started by Mattmc91, 1 Jan 2011.

1. Mattmc91

Mattmc91 Minimodder

Hey guys, been having this problem about a week or so now.

Every now and again my phone seems to crash and restart, highly irritating.

any ideas?

had the phone 3 weeks.

2. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

Applications? perhaps?

3. Mattmc91

Mattmc91 Minimodder

Took all apps off :\

4. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

This sounds bad.

I take it you've already reset the phone?

http://www.htc.com/www/howto.aspx?id=805&type=1&p_id=312
    Performing a factory reset (hard reset)
    If you're passing your phone on to someone else or your phone has a persistent problem that cannot be solved, you can do a factory reset (also called a hard reset). This returns your phone to the state it was in before the first time you turned it on.

Note: Factory reset will not remove the data and files that are in your phone’s microSD card.
    Factory reset is not a step to be taken lightly. It will permanently delete all your data and customized settings, and will also remove any applications you've downloaded and installed. Be sure to back up any data and files you want to keep before you do a factory reset.
    Performing a factory reset via settings
    The most convenient way to do a factory reset is via the phone settings.

From the Home screen, press MENU and then tap Settings.
    Scroll down the screen and then tap Privacy > Factory data reset.
    On the Factory data reset screen, tap Reset phone, and then tap Erase everything.

5. Gryphon

Gryphon What's a Dremel?

A pointer from experience - double check your google contacts are synchronised before you factory reset - for some reason mine weren't... my 100% iphone/mac friend had a field day. :(

Also, before factory reset, if you dont mind rooting it, use titanium backup to backup any programs that you've had to set up (or games where you dont want to lose your highscore :p )

Might be a bit extreme, but if you can't fix it, try a different rom on the phone? there's plenty of developer support for the desire... or even try re-flashing the stock rom. Would at least tell you if the faults hardware or software.

Of course, this sort of invalidates your warranty, but if its anything like ZTE blade (which it should be), its easy to revert it to stock, so there's no way they can tell a custom rom has been loaded.

(When i say extreme, that's if you don't want a custom rom - personally I'd say get cyanogenmod on there anyway ;) )