1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HTPC HTPC Case

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by completemadness, 9 Apr 2008.

1. completemadness

completemadness New Member

I'm looking for an HTPC case, it needs to take at least 2 PCI cards, and possibly a Graphics card (although i may use integrated graphics)

I would like it to be as quiet as possible, and preferably take standard PC hardware to save money, size doesn't matter too much, but price is a big concern

I was looking at something like the Zalman HD135
    http://zalman.co.kr/ENG/product/Product_Read.asp?idx=191
    But i believe its rather expensive

2. Techno-Dann

Techno-Dann Disgruntled kumquat

I've worked with the Antec NSK 2480, and while it's rather unconventional, it's a very quiet small case. It only takes Micro-ATX motherboards, so three cards would fill it most of the way, but as long as you don't need more than that, it shouldn't be a problem.

And note that the Arctic Cooler Freezer pros (both the Freezer 7 and the Freezer 64) are just slightly too tall to fit.

3. BlossomPink

BlossomPink New Member

i personally have a zalman HD160 pretty big in size but keeps everything cool its a smart choice with lots of room but zalman can be expensive

4. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

If you want quiet, then a passively cooled case is the way to go. But it is not cheap, nor is it an easy choice. Those HFX cases are sold as kit cases, but require advanced modding skills.

Tags: