1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Hull, Humber Spurn point

Discussion in 'Photography, Art & Design' started by oddball walking, 4 Sep 2008.

1. oddball walking

oddball walking ...!

Some shots from Tuesday, we went on a trip around the Humber and all the way to the end of Sperm point.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

More to come when I have sorted them out, comments and criticism welcome.
    the are more on my Flickr (and DevantArt later)

Last edited: 4 Sep 2008
  2. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

Love #4, but its need more oomph.

3. Stuey

Stuey You will be defenestrated!

I like most of the photos. But, I do NOT like the one with the flower. I normally like selective coloring, but the rose petals look fake.

I'm a bit disappointed. I was expecting to see some whales!

4. Darkened

Darkened Minimodder

You really should straighten the horizons of the first two pictures or there won't be any water left soon... :hehe:

Fourth is quite nice, but what caught my eye most is the last one. Although the subject is centered in the picture, it suits this photo well.

I'd say that the last one has potential as a large draft in a living room (this is not a bad thing).

Darkened

5. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

Nice set of photos you have there.

#1 would be a pretty nice beach photo, but the crooked horizon just ruins it for me. Same thing for #2. I know that sometimes a composition is intentionally crooked, but these look too accidental. With #2, you might be able to get away with the 'crooked horizon' thing - though it needs to be rotated a little more - but I can't seen any reason why #1 should be lopsided.

#4 isn't too bad. I like the idea, but it's lacking something - I'm not sure what at the moment. Also, the horizon seems tilted just slightly.

I like #5. The composition is a bit awkward, but the overall image is nice. I like the suggestion of movement within the frame, and the purple contrasts nicely with the green.

#7 is a pleasant image; it's nice and calm. The foreground could be a bit lighter and the sky perhaps a touch darker, but overall I enjoy the simplicity of the composition.

Just my 2 cents.

-monkey

6. cpemma

cpemma Ecky thump

:lol: Real name is Spurn Point, "three and a half miles long and only fifty metres wide in places."

7. Da Dego

Da Dego Brett Thomas

I'm feeling seasick from the horizons.

But I do like #9. The rest are all nice images - somewhere between snapshot and artistic, which isn't a bad place to be.

8. OleJ

OleJ Me!

First off: That's a rather gross title... I was like someone else thinking it may have been due to whales.. but no... I don't get it if it's supposed to be funny.

2nded :)

2nded. Except for #6 (the rose). A tad too much saturation for my tastes.

9. oddball walking

oddball walking ...!

I am sorting out the horizon on 1, it didn't look to bad to me when I did it (I shouldn't drink and use photoshop at the same time) I have changed the title to what it is properly called not what it is know as round here.
    Some of these shots were rushed unfortunately but we didn't have much time to hang around and set up some shots as much as I would like.

Thanks for all the comments I'm taking it all on board.:)

10. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

The last two are my favourites. I love the toad shot.

11. ssR

ssR Carbon God

my favorites are probably 4,5,9 with 9 being the best. I really like those textures and the overall shape

12. Thacrudd

Thacrudd Where's the any key?!?

love #9

13. Mother-Goose

Mother-Goose 5 o'clock somewhere

Number 9 for me

14. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

I like picture 4, 7 and 9, but 4 and 7 really need a polarising filter (you do have one, do you?). Picture 7 has great composition but needs some work on the exposure; too dark. But I suspect it was a tricky shot given the position of the sun; a polarising filter wouldn't have helped much here.

Picture 9 is pretty much perfect.

And get rid of the signature. It is too big and draws the attention away from the picture. A very small sig in the white or black border would do.

15. oddball walking

oddball walking ...!

I do have one but I forgot to take it with me :wallbash:

I have been thinking about my sig and I think I will make in much smaller, I don't use it on some photos where I find it distracting so I think I should think about it some more.

Thanks for all the comments guys.

Tags: