1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Humble Bundles hit $50M mark raised for charity

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 17 Dec 2014.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. andrew8200m

andrew8200m Multimodder

Considering most pay the minimum they need to hit the entire bundle or just pay a few cents to get a couple of games that is one hell of an achievement. the pay what you like does need switching out for a couple of quid/dollars though at some point as I am sure it would still fetch a hefty amount of money for charity doing it this way.

3. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

Excellent work by the Humble Bundle team, lets hope that more developers jump on the idea and help push that number up to 100 million.
    I've found myself mostly buying the bundles when they were promoting games that work well on Android devices as I'm always after good little gems to keep me occupied on those long commutes.

The Humble Books selections have been pretty good additions for my tablet purchases as well, really enjoyed some of the stuff they've released on there.

I'd also be curious to know what the figure of money people chose to give to developers who supplied the games was, as I sometimes feel guilty trying to decide who to give each amount of money to on their website.

I'm sort of on the same page as andrew8200m, they could easily set a more solid minimum payment amount than the standard "pay the average" system as most people wouldn't argue to much with an increased minimum value.

4. mi1ez

mi1ez Modder

They could maybe up the minimum for Steam keys which would in turn push up the average. They have improved the system somewhat with set prices for premium games (and even the $45 Dreamcast T) which will again be pushing up the average.

Good work by the team there though!

5. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

That would be counter productive, it's always easier to get $1 off 1000 people than $10 from 100 or $1000 from 1. Humble Bundle's strength is that it encourage people to impulse buy, minimum price it and people will start measuring it up as a deal instead of deciding whether they want the cheap option or the to pay the extra for the next tier up.

6. SinxarKnights

SinxarKnights Minimodder

I sure don't. With the bundles it always goes 100% to charity for me. That is the point of the bundles isn't it?

Anyway don't forget that the bundle isn't the only things getting sent to charity. 10% of all store sales goes to charity as well.

7. forum_user

forum_user forum_title

I don't donate any fraction of my payment to the American charities. I only donate when it's an international helping everyone.