1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Hydraulic Caseopening

Discussion in 'Modding' started by PazZz, 22 Aug 2004.

1. PazZz

PazZz What's a Dremel?

Hi Guys,

I have a Yeong Yang 12502250 and want to do very big things with it :D

In this tower it is possible to pull the whole mainboard with CPU, PCI Cards and so on. I thought about pull out this whole thing automatic with Hydraulic or an Electro Motor.

One of u ever tried this and has some ideas ? Or do u have some different ideas to realize this ?

Greetz
    PazZz

2. J-Pepper

J-Pepper Minimodder

yeah.. i've been wondering about this for a long time now... can I hijack and say that i'll be interested in any information on hydraulics... especially small ones as I don't need much force.

3. pumpman

pumpman Minimodder

an idea ive been thinking of, you dont need hydraulics or motors though just liitle rams the type you get on a hatchback car but smaller called dampers and have then release with a hair trigger mechanism

4. PazZz

PazZz What's a Dremel?

dont understand what things u mead :/
    My english is not really the best

5. livelife46290

livelife46290 What's a Dremel?

Hydraulics are simple, you have the actual hydraulic which is pretty much a big piston that is sealed inside of a casing then when the proper amount of force is applied through the hydraulic lines, the chamber below the piston fills and has only one way to go which is up forcing the piston upwards, the second component pushing that fluid is the pump, i dont think they are cheap, depending upon how much pressure you need.

6. FILTHY1337

FILTHY1337 Senior Overclocker

hydarulics are out as you need a motor to drive a hydralic pump,
    the gas shocks 4 hatch backs are the best idea i have seen it dont on one of the mod sites, all you need is a piano hinge and a way to mountb the shock
    maybe a zuse clip to hold it closed

7. Shadowspawn

Shadowspawn Another hated American.

All those are going to do is let it open by itself, and then only with gravity working for you. You would hinge the bottom and mount the pistons at the top and let them slowly lower the door. You would still have to close it by hand, something I assume you want to avoid, using a motor to do all the work for you?

There are lots of motors out there for this type of application, working on 12 volts and such. The hard part is finding the drive mechanism that would do the job, meaning gears or twist drives.

8. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Consider actuators. They look like hydraulic pistons but are electrically driven. They have quite a bit of force, come in a range of sizes and strokes and are relatively cheap.

9. lizard.boy

lizard.boy What's a Dremel?

i suppose you could go to a scapyard and look for an old electric car window motor. but those are large and not like hydrolics or actuators

10. Fronzel

Fronzel What's a Dremel?

Clippard has small pneumatic equipment and some of it is good for hydraulic work.