1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Memory HyperX Lovo?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Rofl_Waffle, 26 Jun 2010.

1. Rofl_Waffle

Rofl_Waffle What's a Dremel?

Im looking into some new DDR3 memory. I have been looking into the HyperX Lovo series.
    Since memory speed doesn't really do much in terms of gaming performance and only scores good in synthetic benckmarks im thinking of going with low voltage memory

I just have a few questions.

I want to overclock my CPU, lower memory voltage shouldn't affect my overclock right?

I am using a x58 motherboard but the HyperX Lovo is sold in dual channel kits. Would running 4 sticks of memory hinder performance and perhaps overclock?

2. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Its stop it running in tripple channel mode probably, which would drop performance by quite a bit.

3. Rofl_Waffle

Rofl_Waffle What's a Dremel?

Thanks, I found out after reading my motherboard manual 4 sticks would drop the ram into dual channel mode.

As for overclocking, I can see sites use them with extreme edition CPUs to do benchmarks it shouldn't matter.

I just wanted my computer to be cool and fast as possible. Memory running at 1.25v is very cool compared to 1.65v, and I honestly couldn't care for a couple percent difference in synthetic benchmarks.