1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - Complete Hyte Y60 Build

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Cre8 Modding, 13 Apr 2022.

1. Cre8 Modding

Cre8 Modding Minimodder

While my Pan Slim from Raijintek is away for powder coating, I have received a Hyte Y60 for yet another new build!

A huge thank you to Hyte for sending this over, this is an 011 competitor for sure, and I know we will see more builds featuring the Y60 in the coming weeks and months ahead. I just hope people don't do the same thing, the same case, as we have seen in the 011, come on peeps, let's get creative!

So, Hyte has kindly sent over the red/black version, and this is in mind for a Marvel-themed build. I know roughly what spec we will be going for, but I will save that for another day :) For now some images of this amazing case, you can tell right away that the airflow will be superb, even without testing!

The build quality looks impressive, I love be quiet! cases, and use them as the standard, but this so far, is impressing me! I do have a Y60 unboxing video planned so that will be the next post on this one, drop your questions about this case here, and I will try and answer them in the video!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4LIEN and Defyant Mods like this.
  2. Defyant Mods

Defyant Mods Multimodder

I swear that case looks just like i fish tank i used to own :eeek:

3. Cre8 Modding

Cre8 Modding Minimodder

With the case review now done, it's time to get onto the build itself!

[​IMG]

Going over the spec, we have an ASUS Dark Hero 8, paired with a 5900X courtesy of AMD. For graphics, we will be going with the 5700XT Red Devil from Powercolor, it's still a more than capable card, and with the vertical mount, will be shown off with a full Alphacool block.

Power and fans are from one of my favorite brands, be quiet!, their new Light Wings are simply amazing and will help bring a dash of color to this one. Seagate is my go-to for M.2 storage, using their FireCuda line up to give us 3TB of total storage. We also have 16GB of TeamGroup XCalibur RAM.

Finally, we have a whole host of goodies sent over from Alphacool for the full custom hard loop.

So, it's time to get some building done now and bring another update once we start making some progress this week.

4. Cre8 Modding

Cre8 Modding Minimodder

Some progress shots then [​IMG]

The build has been coming along rather well over the past 24 hours or so. The first job was to strip out the Y60 as far as possible, removing the pre installed fans, the glass and storage bays. Removing all that glass gives us so much room to work in, airy af!

[​IMG]

With space created, it's time to get the Dark Hero fed, with the AMD 5900X, Seagate FireCuda drives and an Alphacool XPX block to keep the CPU nice and cool. With the board ready to go, I've added the TeamGroup XCalibur RAM. and once installed, it all looks great in the Y60!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Next up were fans and radiators, I'm not sure where the radiator pictures went though [​IMG] I've gone with an Alphacool NexXxos 30mm in the top and one of their XT 45 45mm for the side panel. It helps to really fill out the space and these will be provided coolant via the Eisbecher Aurora. The glass res is a chunky beast that is mounted to the be quiet! Light Wings on the 240mm radiator. I've 3D printed some little spacers for the brackets, the RGB wiring that exits the rear of the pump housing would be rubbing on the fan if these were not put in place. More fans have been added to the top, rear and bottom compartment to completely outfit this case with 8 fans total, it's a good thing be quiet! include an RGB controller with each 3 pack, so that they can all be connected and tucked out the way in the rear of the case.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Finally to the rear, I've installed the Pure Power 11 FM to gauge how much room I will have for cable management, and to be fair there's loads of room. The fan RGB hubs will be attached to the storage sleds once I start tidying up the back end. My next job though is to get the PowerColor Red Devil 5700XT stripped down and the ALphacool block installed.

[​IMG]

5. 4LIEN

4LIEN Modder

Nice looking case, i see a lot of builds in this period online!

6. Cre8 Modding

Cre8 Modding Minimodder

A small update, the GPU is now ready to be water-cooled!

Our PowerColor 5700XT Red Devil may not be the latest and greatest, buts it's a card that performs well and will not leave this system short. This system will be running 1440P comfortably, on reasonable settings for many a moon to come.

There might be a slight change to the theme though, see, this system will be used by my 13 year old son and originally he wanted a Marvel theme, but he recently saw the Timmy Parker Helios Apex Legends build and is having a change of heart. He plays a lot of Apex and so it might be the more fitting theme, we will see what he decides!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Cre8 Modding

Cre8 Modding Minimodder

Well, finally, it's done!

I've been so busy with KitGuru and life in general that this had to take a back seat for a while. Now though, it's finished for my son to enjoy. On the glass etching, he couldn't decide in the end so for now we have left it blank until he decides what he wants, Marvel, Apex Legends, Pokemon, who knows!

Final Spec:
    HYTE Y60
    AMD 5900X
    ASUS Republic of Gamers Dark Hero 8
    Seagate FireCuda 530 1TB / FireCuda 510 2TB
    TeamGroup XCalibur DDR4 3200 16GB
    Alphacool Full Custom Loop
    TTW - Custom Cable Extensions
    Be quiet! Pure Power 11 FM 650W
    Be quiet! Light Wings 120mm x8
    PowerColor Red Devil 5700XT

[​IMG]