1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Hyundai W241D 24'' widescreen monitor

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 6 Mar 2008.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. oasked

oasked Stuck in (better) mud

Nice review.

But why the hell are you measuring input lag using a Dell 30"? Use a CRT, which has NO lag FFS.

Having said that I can't stand using CRTs. Any chance of a Dell 2408WFP review soon? No-one has reviewed it yet as far as I know. :)

3. Pricester

Pricester What's a Dremel?

Ever taken a photo of a CRT? You've got about a 90% chance of getting it half way through refresh (which is just darn ugly!)

4. iwog

iwog Linux cursed

Should i know the difference between PVA and IPS? And if i should could some one linkies me to a place where i could learn.

5. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

Is the W241D any better than the cheaper W240D? Or are they *exactly* the same (apart from the usb hub) ?

Last edited: 6 Mar 2008
  6. Meanmotion

Meanmotion bleh Moderator

Dude, have you heard of wikipedia?

7. oasked

oasked Stuck in (better) mud

Yes I have actually, and I know how it looks as the image scans down. However, once you try a couple of times you can get a picture with the bit of the screen that is needed.

If you're measuring lag, then in my opinion, you should measure it against a fast monitor, such as a small 17" or 19" with a TN panel, rather than the 30" beast which is sure to have plenty of lag due to the complexity of such a large panel. I think its great that lag was measured, but it feels a little bit pointless when compared to such a strange benchmark.

8. Tim S

Tim S OG

The 3007WFP is known to not suffer from input lag.

9. sl1xx

sl1xx What's a Dremel?

thats a real nice monitor by looks but ! i feel this is better for price and and beter specs bar view angles been wanting a review.. acer p243w bang for buck and new stock as well <

10. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

Someone ought to kill the designer who first thought it would be a good idea to use the gloss fingerprint-dust-collector-plastic on all products from then on. It's everywhere and I hate it. I don't like the looks or the feature of showing all the dirt. Is it just me or does someone else dislike it as well?

11. TreeDude

TreeDude What's a Dremel?

I dislike it as well. But there was thought put behind using glossy finishes. Having a glossy frame is suppose reduce eye strain by keeping your eyes from focusing completely on the screen for a long period of time. A glossy screen (which I hate more than a glossy frame) is supposed to make for a sharper picture than a matted finish by not diffusing the color. It has it's ups and downs.

12. heir flick

heir flick Minimodder

i just bought the 240d which is the same but without the usb hub and im very pleased with it

13. Tim S

Tim S OG

Just added an update about the panel - we've now had confirmation that it uses the Samsung S-PVA panel.

14. Kipman725

Kipman725 When did I get a custom title!?!

Hyundai make quite good quality monitors. I have a L70S+ which I have had for many years without any problems.

15. Kipman725

Kipman725 When did I get a custom title!?!

also there is still lag on a CRT.. what is a scan?

16. Primoz

Primoz What's a Dremel?

I like the gloss black plastic. But it is a fingerprint magnet (i own a nokia 6120 which looks horrible after some use).

BTW, the first lag test has the same 3 pictures. The second row is different.

17. Tim S

Tim S OG

Thanks for that - I don't know how I missed it :duh:

18. Woodstock

Woodstock So Say We All

yeah i would also like a review on the 2408, as far as i know the only reviews have been forum member based ones, which are making it look nice but i personally prefer on from a place i can trust

19. Tim S

Tim S OG

We're trying to get the Dell, but Dell doesn't want to send it (to either bit-tech or TR)... read into that what you will. :)

20. Ownzyouall

Ownzyouall What's a Dremel?

I love how they incorporate the USB feature into the side monitor - very convenient.

Tags: Add Tags