1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Music I come bearing a Christmas message. WE DID IT! RAGE #1

Discussion in 'General' started by Guest-23315, 7 Dec 2009.

1. Edge102030

Edge102030 Son, i am disappoint.

Made this specifically for you guys:thumb:
    [​IMG]

2. Zabuza

Zabuza What's a Dremel?

'AV IT!

3. MaverickWill

MaverickWill Dirty CPC Mackem

Share. Both. :D

4. shigllgetcha

shigllgetcha Minimodder

was ****ing delighted when i heard it on radio one. hoped it would happen but was doubtfull.

great news.

5. Gareth24

Gareth24 Folding = vdubs

6. Mike_and_Fi

Mike_and_Fi Two heads are better than one

Well chuffed! :)

7. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

8. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

RATM are under Simon's sony deal anyway, so the arrogant orange **** still gets a cut of the profits.

You can't win.

9. Edge102030

Lol damnit, let's start a bit-tech label and once more get the support of the interwebz and cleanse music of the crap! mwhahahahahahahahhahahahahah.

Evil moment over, it's a shame that we've just put more money in the pocket of Cowell than he would have got if there was no xmas #1 campaign :(

10. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

You seem to have missed the point. This campaign had nothing to do with money, it is mearly coincidental that RAGE and Joe are on Epic reccords. As Tom Morello wonderfully put it, you never have a chance to 'vote against the show', which is where this campaing fits in.

Its not a personal attack on Joe/Simon, is a show of unity against the given 'fact' that the X Factor winner will go straight to number one, which is wrong.

11. Edge102030

Ahh, good point.:thumb:

12. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

And how much of a difference do you think this had made to Cowell's personal wealth?

If everyone paid £1 for the track, most will have paid less, then the total income would be ~£500k split that among every one who takes a cut and it would be relative pennies to Cowell.

13. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

RATM are under Syco and not Epic? That's news to me.

14. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

But does anyone even care about the charts anymore? I can't remember the last time I cared about or even looked at the top 10 music charts, because I know that 99.999% of the time it's going to be utter crap. And I'm pretty sure you don't get anything for getting to the no. 1 spot, other than the honour of being the subject of a question in a game of Trivial Pursuit in 10 years time, which no one will be able to get right because they'll all have forgotten who it was by next Christmas.

15. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Noooooooooo! I don't know where people/bloggers first got this idea, but it's totally wrong!

RATM are signed to Epic. Simon Cowell owns (at least a controlling share of) Syco. Sony owns them both, but they are separate entities! Sony may well get a share of the profit, but Syco will not!

So it's not exactly a win for "stickin' it to the man/big record companies", but it's a win for music nonetheless.

16. DarkBanana

DarkBanana What's a Dremel?

I have to say, I was all for the idea when I first hear about it until my gf pointed out: what about poor Joe? It's his first album and I think it would be hard for him not to take it personally...

People set out to prove a point and succeeded: Simon lost. But was it really worth it? Because Joe lost as well and is Rage really the song that we want to represent Christmas? People bought the song for it's novelty not because it was a good song to the vast majority. Basically, John and Edward have won.

Of course, Sony is laughing all the way to the bank.

Overall, I feel a little sad :(

Merry Christmas everyone.

17. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

Who gives a ****? Perhaps he should focus his efforts on song writing, composing and hard work and less on possibly being offended.
    I owe Joe and XFactor nothing.

18. Fishlock

Fishlock .o0o.

Kind of agree with you there. What a bloody awful song to have as number one at Christmas. Ohhh the controversy!

:wallbash:

19. DarkBanana

DarkBanana What's a Dremel?

I never said you did. All I was saying is that in trying to prove a point, the situation might not have been improved.

I didn't buy either song. And I'm not saying Joe's song is good or bad. I'm only commenting on the situation.

It's true that X-Factor always gets the number 1 due mainly to hype rather than the musical talents of the singers (who may still be very talented) but is it any better that Rage Against the Machine going to number one out of hype to prove a point?

If there were only 2 songs in the world, I don't think you will find many people agreeing that Rage was more deserving as number 1. But no, you don't owe joe or X factor anything. But you don't owe a beggar on the street anything either but it's not very nice to go out of your way to make him miserable.

Last edited: 21 Dec 2009
  20. shigllgetcha

shigllgetcha Minimodder

its not fair that simon cowell can just pick someone and they automatically get to christmas number one, im definitely glad rage won

that show has nothing to do with creativity its just money. maybe if he had written a song to release himself id be more sympathetic.

what about joe? he was a no one before he was on xfactor and he has been given a incredible opportunity, theres no reason to feel guilty. hell prob b number one next week anyway