1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rant I despair at this country at times

Discussion in 'General' started by Kronos, 15 Dec 2016.

1. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Went through Llantwit Major last week on my motorbike. You go from nice fast open roads to tight lanes and low speed limits; I can see how some humourless ****wit would invent the excuse that they were held up by a lollipop lady taking too long to get kids across the road. That doesn't surprise me in the slightest*.

*My opinion may be skewed by having to watch out for people trying to kill me without even realising what they're doing, and therefore may not be representative.

2. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

About time we put a stop to this bloody stupidness.

High fiving indeed, this isn't the colonies you know :nono:

3. Behemoth

Behemoth Timelord in training

I just don't know, all the complaints this person has generated are all out of scope yet he insists on calling weekly, sometimes daily. I'm surprised management haven't banned him from calling yet, it has been done to other people who have become abusive and threatening towards us.

It's impossible to work out the thought process people go through before they call us, they sure don't listen to the automated message before getting to speak to us. To be honest personally I tink this guy is a certified nut case.

Who knows, it's all in this guys head, because at the end of the day would it really matter if a Police officer is gay ? Would it effect his or her ability to do the job effectively ? I'd wager that the answer to that question is no.

4. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Get him to put his complaint in writing, then the popo can do him for libel! :thumb:

5. Behemoth

Behemoth Timelord in training

lol he more than likely has !

6. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

7. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Actually, maybe he's suspicious of the way they always walk around in pairs... :idea:

8. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

High fiving is alright until the kid learns the 'down low, you're too slow' thing and thinks it's the funniest thing ever and needs to repeat it endlessly.

9. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Isn't that when you move on to glaring for a second, punching them in the face and say 'No, I'm not.'?

10. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

11. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Next up: Nexxo blames running out of toilet paper and not having a spare roll nearby on Leave supporters.

:p

12. TheBlackSwordsMan

TheBlackSwordsMan Over the Hills and Far Away

This race is doomed.

13. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

That extra twenty seconds on your day makes all the difference you know :p

Yeah it sucks. Basically where I live there is no way to cross the road. There is a red light just up the street (but you can't cross there from this side, it's dumb) and when I stand on the curb waiting to get across people blatantly ignore me just to drive 200ft to stop at the red light.

Very rarely some one will actually realise this fact and stop for me. I mean after all they are only going to end up at a red light any way..

Talking of zebra crossings... We have one around the corner and people just drive straight over it without looking all of the time. It was so bad the council have had to repaint it and put up signs before it just so that drivers realise its even there. Amount of times I have stepped into the road only to realise the twunts aren't going to stop because they have failed to even acknowledge it or me.

14. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Yeah, now that you mention it...

But at least, if I get caught short there's always the Daily Express. :D

15. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

Nowhere in the article does it say where the complaints came from, just that a random grandparent thought it was because someone was delayed.

What if...

- The lady was taking an inordinate amount of time high-fiving kids, no just a few seconds in passing, causing serious disruption?
    - The lady was so focussed on the high fives, that it distracted her from doing her job properly and looking out for traffic
    - The complaint came from a child, who wasn't comfortable with a five, but she went ahead and did it anyway, which is basically assault. Of a child.
    - All of the kids in general were getting a bit creeped out by the weird old lady that wanted to touch them all
    - The complaint was actually raised by Victoria Dixon, who is just a bored old woman and is looking for something to occupy her time and moan about
    - The lady doesn't wash her hands after a number two

I despair at the country when this type of nonsense is considered news tbh - the fact that someone went to the media with this is even more depressing that someone complained about it in the first place IMO.