1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I got fired because...

Discussion in 'General' started by Breach, 26 Jul 2006.

1. Breach

Breach Modding in Exile

Just like it says, have you ever been fired from a job? If so, tell us your tale.

I am basically losing my current job, not being fired but more being given the option to leave before I do get canned. Not too exciting, but Im sure someone has a good one out there, so lets here it! :D :wallbash:

2. fathom17

fathom17 What's a Dremel?

I've never been fired or resigned but i'm in my 3rd job now.

My first and second company i worked for went bust. Also the second company took over the first one, once it liquidated. Bought up all its assets and IP and hired the staff. Quite a stressful time, especially the first time it happens.

3. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

I walked out on a job because a manager called me a ****ing **** in from of customers.

4. Monkeyboy

Monkeyboy Minimodder

i was fired along with two other new hires from a video store because one of us was stealing from the till (wasn't me, but they didn't know who it was, so they let us all go). i got my job back there though.

5. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

I haven't yet, but I've been close to walking so many times. I just can't afford to. ;)

6. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

I can understand that, the only reason I walked is because the whole company was a sham (overpricing, shoddy service etc...) and I had two other jobs lined up.

7. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

If had jobs lined up, then hell, I would. ;)
    The place is a sham just like you say, then again most places are, just the customers never see it.

8. MystChic

MystChic Geology Rocks!

At a pub I worked at, I quit and told my supervisor that the only reason she was throwing her weight around was because that's all she had. Haven't been back since :p
    Should have taken a leaf out of DougEdey's book though, and had another job lined up... ;)

9. ArtificialHero

ArtificialHero We were just punking him sir!

I once quit my job by just not turning up and hoping they'd figure out I quit. They stopped paying me and I just ignored their calls. Seems to have worked out!

AH

10. Solidus

Solidus Superhuman

i quit my job as a barman but i heard it in the grapevine that i was going to be fired. I had planned to leave anyways but that rumour gave me the push to quit before i got fired. £6000 worth of stock was missing in the last stock check...admittedly i did play a part in its dissappearance with free drinks being given out to friends but that was only because my employers were screwing us over in the wages.
    There would be times on a sataday night when i would be expecting to get paid and use the money as cab fare home only to findout they didnt work out the wages yet and we would have to wait until next week.
    Many times i would have to walk home at 3am because of this which totally pissed me off.
    I became somewhat of a legend at college for giving out drinks, very popular and liked which was a nice bonus.
    This was all many many years ago though.

11. SeT

SeT What's a Dremel?

One I walked out on. It was a grocery store. I was one of the 3rd shift stockers. One night(the 3rd similar situation but worst of the 3) it was me and one other guy that was a new hire stuck unloading 1000 cases off of the truck AND supposed to put the stock out on the shelves. we got the stock off the truck which alone took half of our shift and we were busting ass to get that done. After that we knew we couldn't possibly get the stock out in our remaining 4 hours so I go to make some calls and try to get some help. The manager simply refused. me and the other guy there spend the next four hours attempting to get stock out but were honestly half-assing it at that point being pissed off, we got about 1/3 of it up and left when our shift was over...

Next day happened to be payday so I go in in the afternoon when I can still make it to the bank with my check. also happened that the other guy that was there the previous night got to the store about the same time as me. The girl at the counter that had the checks was acting all nervous and trying to kill time saying she couldn't find the checks while the manager was literally running from the opposite side of the store. This guy gets to us and starts screaming in the front of the store, red face, customers staring and all. Apparently, it took him and 2 others another 5 hours to get the stock up that we left. Neither of us care at this point, laugh at him, tell him he shouldn't be such a lazy ******* and help when it's needed as we've been stuck there 3hours over before with no help from him - he didn't even get there on time as he's supposed to come in an hour before we leave in the morning. from there, counter girl suddenly realizes the checks were right in her hand the whole time, we take them and walk out.

12. $loth

$loth What's a Dremel?

Never been fired out of the 3 jobs i've had (4 if you include a paper round...)

I just quit my last job on thursday, the head chef pushed a KP into a storage area and held him up against the wall by his throat :sigh:

Luckily i've got nearly a grand saved, so I can still build up a portfolio.

13. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Never fired, but I'm finishing up where I am next Sunday-ish. Only cause I'm headed off to school and I won't be around, though admittedly the pay really sucks (but it's a good work environment so I'm not that bothered)

14. woof82

woof82 What's a Dremel?

I stopped working as a waiter in a pub because the ownership changed hands and the new managers are tight-assed hotelliers.