1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wii / Wii U I have achieved Nirvana

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by themax, 23 Jun 2007.

1. themax

themax What's a Dremel?

I own all 3 "Next-Gen" systems now. I got a lucky break today at CompUSA (People seem to forget this store sells more than just computer stuff) and snagged their last Nintendo Wii. Gonna set it up later today and I'll put up my friend code so I can hook up with everyone else and see those Mii Parades lol.

First order of business is to download Orcarina of Time. I'm not a big supporter of VC but I think that game is worth it. I can't find it for N64 anymore, I missed out on the special edition Wind Waker that shipped with Orcarina of Time, and I just can't stay interested in Twilight Princess anymore.

Any good recommendations on Wii game? I'm leaning towards Mario Party, for the most part the interest in playing lies with my father (which is why I went and got one) but I do want to put thing pretty white pearly through it's paces.

(for some reason my brain is confusing internet with the word interest today x_x)

Last edited: 23 Jun 2007
  2. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

Paper Mario looked sweet.

3. Spacecowboy92

Spacecowboy92 Gettin' Lazy

I know someone with three consoles and a 60 something inch TV. Sorry to rain on your parade, have fun.

4. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

i know someone with more money, a better job, and a faster car, than you.

sorry to rain on your parade, have fun.

5. themax

themax What's a Dremel?

Sorry if my thread seemed bad or something. Mostly just excited about actually finding a Wii and getting one. I've got it all setup now, and surfing the shopping channel for Orcarina of Time :). Didn't see a need for you respond the way you did spacecowboy but I'm not upset if that was the intent.

6. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

Well done on getting all 3, I had a 360 and a Wii, and the Wii never saw any use so I sold it off.

Be interesting to see what you use the most ;)

7. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

don't worry mate, some people are just complete mincers. enjoy your console - there are some awesome games around the corner for it!

8. Spacecowboy92

Spacecowboy92 Gettin' Lazy

Well I dident mean it like that. Sorry though, I was just saying, it came out wrong now I read it. (and he won that TV so he dident realy buy it) I only have a 360 at the moment so well done on the collection! (and Fod, its good to know when people are being dicks (unlike me) there someone around to put them down :thumb: )

9. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

i had all three from last gen. I Win teh Prize!

10. themax

themax What's a Dremel?

No problem, no harm no foul spacecowboy :).

Right now, It's a toss up between the PS3 and Wii. Nothing against my 360, but my HDTV is out of commission until monday and frankly I don't like playing Oblivion in non HD anymore (after 6 months of Widescreen 720 goodness with it).

Been beta testing Warhawk, which is the only reason my PS3 gets any play without my HDTV (legit invite not the proxy method), but I really, and I mean REALLY enjoyed Wii Sports. Boxing the most. I think I will be enjoying all 3 equally when I get the components for the Wii and my HDTV is fixed monday.

11. Stickeh

Stickeh Help me , Help you.

I've got a wii and a 360 and i dont use either as much as i'd like / used to but....
    i use the 360 for single play and online, and the wii with friends and family, wii sports is still a good game :D

12. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

eBay is a good place to look for the GC version of Ocarina of Time. Got mine for a tenner (two of the original NES games plus the N64 versions). However, I used to love the game, but I've found it hasn't aged well at all, it's a pretty dire game IMO :(

13. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

hope you enjoy all 3 of them

14. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

I'd have a PS3 over an X360 for gaming, but for having fun, I'd go for a Wii anyday!

15. automagsrock

automagsrock What's a Dremel?

I love my Wii. I actually play it more then my PS3 at the moment (waiting to get Rainbow Six on payday). You've gotta get Wario Ware Smooth Moves. It's soo much fun. Marty Party is another great choice, and Wii Play because you get a free Wiimote plus the tank game is a great way to pass the time with friends.

16. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

TBH, Zelda's the only game I've really enjoyed a lot on the Wii so far. That Trauma Center game was pretty good but not fifty bucks good (I'd just rented it), but I haven't been looking a whole lot recently either (I picked up Xbox copies of Splinter Cell 1 and 2 for $5 total which have been keeping me occupied recently).

Of course, Wii Sports is great if you've got friends over (Wii Play less so, but get it for the extra remote), but it just doesn't appeal much when you're the only one around.

17. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

FPS is surprisingly good on the wii, once you get used to it. But christ, after a keyboard and mouse, or a controller for that matter, it's a STEEP learning curve.
    I played Cod2, which wasn't a very good game in itself but was interesting purely for being on the wii controller.
    Strangely enough, some of the best games I've seen for it so far were the ones on that cheapo minigame set, WiiPlay. They were more innovative and fun than any of the real titles out so far...but then again, we haven't seen the next resident evil yet :p

Tags: