1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I know you guys must get bored of this...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Stompy, 10 Aug 2005.

1. CaPs_On

CaPs_On What's a Dremel?

Looks good enough to me, but can i suggest that you go from built in vga to a seperate one, just get the price down on the mobo and get a vga going.

2. Stompy

Stompy What's a Dremel?

I do it sometimes too. You spend ages searching for something you know is/should be there, but you cant find it. Then you look again and see it instantly.

cc rass, it's a PC for office usage, doesn't need a vid card. I don't see how they are "paying too much" for it when I'm paying exactly how much the components cost, plus a £40 build charge which is pretty cheap.

3. unclean

unclean SMP obsessive

The addition of Windows kills the price, and you don't need another cooler for the CPU, if you want a better one, then don't buy a retail chip. Oh, and you _really_ want 1GB RAM.

Other than that, there's really not much can do to lower the price, does seem well suited for office use.

4. cc rass

cc rass What's a Dremel?

Just that I've seen much better pc's put together for £450, that's without the OS and the build.

5. unclean

unclean SMP obsessive

I thought it was expensive compared to a 3GHz P4E, side window case + reasonable PSU, 1024mb Kingston, 120GB Seagate SATA Barracuda, Asus mobo w/onboard VGA that i built for around £300, giving it thought though, the screen and peripherals really do add up.

6. Stompy

Stompy What's a Dremel?

With a 17" TFT screen? That makes up a good part of the cost.

I'm going with the extra cooler for quietness, and unfortunately I can't get hold of a 2800+ OEM from the site I'm ordering from.

7. cc rass

cc rass What's a Dremel?

I just got to stfu :duh: :wallbash: :waah: