1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rant I LOVE My Compaq

Discussion in 'General' started by sui_winbolo, 18 Jan 2009.

1. Splynncryth

Splynncryth 0x665E3FF6,0x46CC,...

I wonder who HP/Compaq use as their ODM.

2. sui_winbolo

sui_winbolo Giraffe_City

No no no, Acer One. It's the Netbook.

I would never own an Acer laptop. I know how to pick good laptops...well at least my Compaq is purty to look at! Even if it can't turn on. lmao. :lol:

3. Cupboard

Cupboard I'm not a modder.

Apart from the fact that my first one broke in a year and took ~3 months for them to not fix, the one I (well, my mum actually) got them to give me as a replacement has lasted for four years now. Still runs games better than my new one :hehe:

4. gar

gar Minimodder

I have a 2005 hp compaq nx6010 abd it's been really a great laptop. Love it. Better than everyone elseI know whos got a hp and faster on average even with 256 ram. God a gig kingston lastweeks so watching tv and playing games have improved!
    Having said that I've started getting my family on buying ibm laptops. So much better built. I wouldnt go near a media style latop desktop thingie anyway. The buisness one's look much better to IMO.

Compaq are defo a good make, but I think theyve gone down a little since HP bought them up.

5. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

A friend of mine had a old 12inch not-wide IBM machine at University. It was plugged in into the wall, and an accident occur while a student passed and the laptop fell directly on to the floor. The machine did not have a scratch. Yup, no scratches, no cracks, HDD is still fine Pretty impressive stuff.

6. Smilodon

Smilodon The Antagonist

Agree with you there.

Compaq is still nice as long as it's actually a Compaq, and not HP. ;) There is an ever so slight difference there.

I know people who sentan IBM machine as airplane check in luggage. It did have a cracked display, though. IBM/Lenovo really do make solid computers, unfortunately not many people are willing to pay what it cost to make them.

Oh, and I did work on a computer (HP 6716B) that had been in a house fire. The whole thing was melted and twisted. I was still able to turn it or and burn out some files the owner had on the hard drive. This was done with the internal DVD burner which i had to pry open because the plastic bezel was melted to the bottom cover. The only thing to die was the battery. Guess it couldn't handle the heat. The computer did stink something awful, though.

7. Lithium

Lithium super spunk

Aye you where right :D opened it all up and pulled a load of dust out the fans. :hehe: Not crashed once....yet.