1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new door...

Discussion in 'General' started by hk, 25 Mar 2003.

1. Liquid K9

Liquid K9 Human programmer.. heh

Better getting annoyed and venting it out on a £30 door rather than a £1000+ computer.

2. micb

micb Minimodder

It is strange how people break things when they are angry, I have smashed the odd thing in frustration in my life time, I think most people do, I havent smashed anything in the past 6 years though.

I have a friend who used to have trouble with his anger, he had a punch bag, he once punched his solid concrete english wall and damaged his hand, the injury is still giving him hand problems 3 years later.

3. Liquid K9

Liquid K9 Human programmer.. heh

Ouch! thats got to have broken at least a finger or two.

I, myself, am actually not a violent person by nature (I remember a number of instances people tried to get me into a fight, just because I'm 'big'.. to see if they could take me on, I let them do what they want, they get tired of hitting me when they realize I dint feel pain well), but for some reason when I feel backed into a corner, I become claustrophobic and frustrated... I usually hit things to vent, if I didn't there would be some serious emotional repression going on. I do bang things in anger, like yesterday, I hit the desk because I couldn't finish something in Freelancer. But thats nothing, the intent wasn't to damage, more of just making a big bang noise.

it comes down to this: when your extremely frustrated, its not a good feeling, so you try to get rid of it. unfortunately, the only way to do that (or perhaps the easiest?) is to release some tension by kicking, hitting or throwing something. Its not necessarily to damage... its a tension release.

4. hk

hk Powered By Duracell

I seemed to be a very different person after my holiday in Cyprus, much more chilled out, things dont wind me up, people dont get irritating, I seemed to have developed a /ignore for real life :)

Ah well still aint replaced my door, busy trying to decide on which DVD+R drive I should get :)

Life goes on.

PS: I used to punch the wall without breaking things, knuckles used to get sore though, will stick to the punch bag at the gym.

5. monolith

monolith True Friend

Stop punching inanimate objects that have nothing to do with your frustrations. Start punching fools! There are more than a few good reasons, they are softer (less pain for you), they squeal (fun to listen to), they react (flubbering around on the ground), etc. ;)

6. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

</evil-mode>

monolith's true feelings about cetrtain BiT staff members appear :rolleyes:

soz. :D

7. hk

hk Powered By Duracell

nah david is just an evil git :) I am aspiring to reach his level of masterful evilness, slowly getting there :)

ah i get to hit people when i box, last time was about a month ago, that was fun :) had lots of built up frustration to releas (woman issues)

threw my left shoulder in the last round though, got a knockout so I aint complaining :)