1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other I need a storyline!

Discussion in 'Photography, Art & Design' started by will., 30 Oct 2009.

1. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

Hey, I thought this best in here as in general it could potentially get swamped!

My little brothers, Luke and Henry are 3 years old now, and they have all the crappy plastic toys you could imagine, and I had no idea what to get them for a Christmas/birthday present!

Then I had an awesome idea; I'll create them a cartoon. Ten minutes long or so.

I can do the animating, I've done quite a few little projects before with work and personal stuff, but I've never had to actually think of a storyline (beyond blood and gore :p).

So, I need some help!

I know that writing stuff for kids should be easy. Bright colourful and noisy! But I want this to stand the test of time, and actually be something they keep hold of and in 20 years it wont just be a lot of noise and fart jokes!

They are twin boys, so very mischievous and love the usual stuff, like pain and toilet humour!
    My Dad is a petrolhead and as a result the twins, especially Luke, can name most of the Moto GP riders, all the main F1 guys and can recognise and name more cars than I can!
    They also have a love of all things you might find on a building site. Diggers, dump trucks, cranes etc. Oh and my Dad's a pilot, so they love planes too!

I'd love to have two main characters who are also twins and I've been thinking about settings and the first thing that comes to mind is cave men, but I can't think of anything decent to go along with that and cars/planes don't really fit in... Basically nothing I think of goes anywhere. I'm not much of a fiction writer it seems!

Having said that it's for the twins, I'd also love to do some more grown up subtle stuff that will soar over their heads and give the adults a good laugh as well.

If anyone has any writing experience, especially with younger kids I would really appreciate the input! :D

PS. Please don't think I'm passing this off because I can't be bothered. I would just rather sink time into a good storyline, situation and characters than make it up as I go along!

If it comes out good I'll stick it on youtube and everyone can get a mention as well!

2. OleJ

OleJ Me!

How about a pair of twins where one is a construction worker and the other a race driver?
    Plot could be something along the lines of them accidentally (or purposefully) switching places for a day.
    You could mix in some of the confusion when the construction workers coworkers use construction site slang. Dunno how it is in english but if it's anywhere near danish hard hat slang then there should be plenty to pick from.
    I'm guessing there's lot's of racing slang as well.

Not a script but an idea for a framework. I'd love to help you coming up with stuff but I think you need to first sketch/decide on a framework for the story before you can build the entire thing.
    Or you should take off from how you would describe what characterizes the twins and base your main characters on some of it.
    It's always good when you can recognize part of yourself in a character. Be it little qwirky things or things you like.

3. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

That's a cool idea actually... I like it. :)

I've done a few sketches for the style I want, already, but I definitely need to do a storyboard. I've done them before and everything just goes so much smoother.

I've also got a few ideas in my head, like one-liners that I'd like to have in. Just little things that they do which like you say, they will be able to pick up on.