1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need help

Discussion in 'General' started by MaLicE, 27 Jul 2001.

1. MaLicE

MaLicE What's a Dremel?

right here we go
    i sent my m/b back to OCUK cos it was fooked they sent me a new 1 i had to get a new processor cos of problems. any way i got a cheap duron 800 pluged it all in and made sure it was all setup and i double checked it all plugged it in and it powered up and nothing no beeps the monitor didnt come on so i took it all out did a cosmos dump and tryed it all again i have reseated everything and still nothing so what do u think i should do i personally think it is the processor what about u?:confused: :confused: :confused:

2. Gordy

Gordy Evil Teddy

Have you got another processor to check it ?
    Double check all the connectors , the only other think of is that its the psu ??

3. MaLicE

MaLicE What's a Dremel?

no i dont have a nother cpu to test but i think i might take the cpu back to the shop i got it from tomorrow for them to test i might take my psu aswell for them to test to see if it is that.

is there any reason why you might think that it is the psu?

thankx

4. Forsaken

Forsaken GameFaction.com

The psu just might not have enouth wattage to power the system properly (unless you had it runing with it before), also try removing the ram from the motherboard, if get a continous beep, you know your motherboard is ok (there is allways a chance you got another fooked one, slim but there all the same).

5. Gordy

Gordy Evil Teddy

You would get beep codes produced if it was the Vid card or the ram so it isnt them . I would take the chip back for them to test.
    What PSu have you got ?

6. :: kna ::

:: kna :: POCOYO! Moderator

I got no beeps at all when I burned out my 1G Thunderbird.. although the burning smell also alerted me to the fact something was wrong.

Get another CPU to test.

7. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

i doubt its the PSU unless its below 250 ... i run 1.2ghz on a 250W PSU with no probs ... make sure you havn't set your fsb high as that caused the monitor not to turn on for me when i had my sound blaster 1024

8. MaLicE

MaLicE What's a Dremel?

um the power supply is a enermax 350wat one i took it to a shop to see if they could see what was wrong and first off they said it was the case hmmmmmm it is a lian li pc 68 so i cant see how it could be that i asked them why they thought that and they said hmmmmm i dont know just thought it might be because it is silver and not white like our cases here!!!!!!!!!!!!

so then i said i want to see the senior technition and he went and got him and he said i think it is either the power supply or the mother board cos they had just plugged a cpu n it and it burnt that out toooo so i think im gonna send back the motherboard and psu to OVERCOCKS UK and see what they say ne way is there ne thing else u think could be wrong???

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: