1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blogs I need something to get my teeth into

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Sifter3000, 11 Apr 2009.

1. Sifter3000

Sifter3000 I used to be somebody

2. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Battlefeild 2 was and still is an epic game...

3. GFC

GFC What's a Dremel?

I find COD4 very enjoyable, have you tried it?

4. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

Still play BF2 and CoD4 myself although my connection is letting me down a bit.

5. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

I did enjoy CoD4, Infact it's probably the only FPS bar Crysis/Warhead that I have really enjoyed in the last 12 months. The C-130 gun platform was epic! The short single player was better than online for me though - online was a bit too much of a nadefest most of the time, as such I never really got into it. Still, it's much better than World at War...

6. Combatus

I nearly forgot our zombie friends - I enjoyed Left for Dead too!

7. Jordan Wise

Jordan Wise Baby called to see the boss...

i've recently got into Warcraft III for the first time and absolutely loving it. The mods available for it are great too, particularly Footman frenzy and Enfos.

8. Rocket_Knight64

Rocket_Knight64 Minimodder

The long fabled BF2 1.5 patch public beta 'may' come out this month with some fixes. May be time to start polishing up your AK. :)

9. Combatus

Oh really!? That's a tad overdue isn't it? :wallbash:

10. Red 5

Red 5 What's a Dremel?

Deus Ex?

11. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

Myst? [​IMG]

john

12. naokaji

naokaji whatever

UT3 after the recent updates is actually fun to play online and the system requirements should not be that high anymore considering the age of the engine.

13. CptMorgans

CptMorgans What's a Dremel?

Excellant blog and just exactly how I've felt for a long time. For me it was CS followed by BF2 over a period of years. No matter what day or time it was I could rely on friends being online. I've been thinking about dusting off BF2 for a while, maybe now is the right time.

14. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

I've been out of the FPS online thing for a while now..

Although playing Total War Online is great, and UT3 isn't bad either.

15. stoff3r

stoff3r What's a Dremel?

have clocked in around 400 hours of gametime in bf2, it was such a great game... now the servers suck mostly, Mec-only servers are gone (in norway) and is replaced by inf-only or karkand 24/7..

16. Combatus

I just checked my total and it stands at 702hrs... And it was worth it!!! I only played infantry only in the last few months I was playing it regularly. Once you get used to the street to street fighting as opposed to jet/tank ownage then it's great!

17. DraigUK

DraigUK Minimodder

I feel exactly the same way. Have been playing CS (!) again to pass the time online until something decent comes along on the MMO scene. AoC was a bit of a disaster and Warhammer while great for a couple of months just didn't have the "something" to keep me hooked.

Been playing a great single player game called Mount & Blade (very good, especially with some of the mods for it) Hopefully the expansion that is coming up sometime later this year will give a good online fun as well.

A bit of DoW2 as well now and again (yet another disappointment overall) just to really keep me ticking over until something decent comes along that is not WoW.

What I am really missing is ONE, just ONE really good MMO that will keep me going for a few years, and some sort of combat flight sim. I am really hoping for a good one of those recently for some bizarre reason. Probably with nothing else decent around I am looking back and thinking of all the fun I had online playing EF2k and that WW2 Wireplay service all those years ago, Air Attack I think it was.

These are rather annoying times as a PC gamer I think, but your not alone!

18. yakyb

yakyb i hate the person above me

im sitting waiting for dragon age or possibly project offset to engross me

but im trying my best not to get my hopes up

Tags: Add Tags