1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need your opinion again! [PICS]

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Jipa, 11 Feb 2004.

1. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

I started this project allready week ago. No one's anyway interested so lets get right to the bisnes ;)

[​IMG]

That's the case i'm about to mod. It's an old AT-case. wait a second... "AT-case"? "Why an earth?" May you think. Well because of server. I'm going to put my server on that case. Mobo i'll use is that:

[​IMG]

That left one. It's AT/ATX-mobo and sized 'bout 20*20cm. So it would fit to some nice tiny case too ;) Processor is 500MHz K6-2.

[​IMG]

theres allmost every other hardware i'll put to it. There's 16Mt PCI-graphic card and 17Gb Seagate's HD. (I'll put a soundcard and floppy to computer too, no pic's 'bout those)

And then to mods. I'll fade one FDD and one cd-rom slot. I've no idea what i'll put to fdd-slot but i've large plans 'bout cd-slot ;) And here it is:

[​IMG]

There's cd-panel (what is it called, i'm not sure) with relay on window :lol: some switches, diodes, leds and fan+wires. It's so simple. With these i'm about to switch fan voltage 3,8/10,8Vdc. (3,8 = 5V-1,2(diode))

What does it sound and look about? And please tell me ur opinion 'bout what colour should i paint that frontpanel?

You can found the frontpanel from this image:
    [​IMG]
    It's lying at left of the picture.. I'm plastickitting it just now so better image is unavailable..

All these and rest pics u can found from http://www.nic.fi/~jvasama/atkoppa_tuuletinsaato/

Last edited: 12 Feb 2004
  2. Zoomer

Zoomer What's a Dremel?

no offence but i would love to see what happens when you pull somthing out near the buttom of that desk pile. :duh:

3. Jipa

I'm sorry but i can say nothing happens. I'm so skill with my desk or something ..:p

4. Vo0Ds

Vo0Ds Fake potato

Heh, please make a fluorescent yello case, esp with that hardware!

ROCK ON!!!! :rock:

5. Jipa

Yellow fluorescent... Sounds good ;) I could at least paint some details of case with that. I thinink i'm gonna paint frontpanel to black.. (Black paint was 1€/can) ;)

6. papeniglio

papeniglio Minimodder

OMG,
    I've always thought my desk was messy, but yours beats me! :wallbash: :wallbash:

I vote for a pale green theme... Just my opinion!

7. Jipa

Thanks for opinion. That desk reallu is NOT messy! I've cleaned it last weekend!

EDIT: New pics incoming today if i'll found camera's USB-wire :p

8. coorz

coorz Miffed

OMG! i've been building PC's for almost 10 years now, but NEVER EVER have i ever seen a TOMATO mainboard!!
    I think that PC will fit your desk nicely :D

-edit-
    i think i spotted that camera USB cable behind those 2 cans of Pringles :hehe:

9. Vo0Ds

Vo0Ds Fake potato

Wayy, Nice one! Ive always wanted a flourescent yellow case but never got around to it.... Just like my database assignment... and my systems analysis assignment... and :worried:

/me gets back to work

10. Jipa

USB-cable wasn't there :( those are only AT-powers wires. And oh. In pringles-cans there are condensators. Small ones are there and big ones somewhere :p

11. Jipa

I was just wondering should I throw this whole trash to hell and start a new case? :lol:

Here's some pics 'bout what i'm meaning.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

That case is really quite tiny. About same sized as Shuttle. size= 215*270*178mm (width*depth*height)

That Tomato and hdd and uATX PSU would just sit to it :naughty:

EDIT: And oh. It weight is less than 1kg :)

12. tmerelin

tmerelin What's a Dremel?

Nice case! Made it/found it/bought it?
    I think you should toss the old one if you already have a new (and nicer) one at hand!
    Any progress on this one?

13. Tezdread

Tezdread What's a Dremel?

yeah go with the smaller one it'll look good with a lick of paint...Are you planning on using the HUGE fan on the front :dremel: