1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding I question about plastic, for I am newbie. Newbie of jungle, newbie of long subjects.

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Joe Devo, 11 Nov 2001.

1. Joe Devo

Joe Devo New Member

Now I being a newbie to this forum, modding, squishy drink bottles, modding, and where to buy things, I ask this and then stop talking by starting a sentence with now and following it with redundancy.

Alright, where can I (the king of magic), find rounded peices of white clouded plexiglass? Or simply plastic.

FOR I HAVE NIFTY NIFTY IDEA!, I am thinking of putting a blue and a purple liquid neon behind a half-circle of rounded white clouded plexiglass thin enough for it to be translucent so then it can warble around and get an effect anyone who watchs certain sci-fi will recognize. Warrb warrb.. warrb.

Now where could one find such? Would I need to get normal square peice of plastic and bend it? What do you recommend? Where is the best place to find neon kits? What's everyones favorite website? What is everyones favorite color?

-Joe Devo!

(I'd post with the sunglasses, but yuck smoking!)

2. linear

linear Active Member

Get clear plastic that meets yer needs, then use the spray on stuff that makes it cloudy. The sell it in hardware and craft stores so people can fuzz up their bathroom windows etc. and still get light.

Sounds like there would be several opportunities to reuse packaging from other products for what you have in mind. I have a couple 1-1/2" clear mailing tubes on my desk at work ferinstance.

And my favorite web site is bit-tech, naturally.

3. MrBadidea

MrBadidea New Member

Its a can of Window Frosting that cloudy stuff - its about a £5 in B&Q

4. Redd_Herring_1974

Redd_Herring_1974 New Member

i just take clear plexi cut it to shape and use fine sand paper to scuff it up to a nice frosted finish it works quite well i've made case feet this way before :thumb:

opps just relized how old this thread is :duh: :hehe:

5. Shadowspawn

Shadowspawn Another hated American.

ROFLMAO, wow. Don't worry about it, you're only 3 years too late. Fashionably late. :clap:

6. b_dyche

b_dyche New Member

*yay for thread revival*

:clap:

7. Redd_Herring_1974

Redd_Herring_1974 New Member

i guess thats what i get for lookin at those similar threads at the bottom but not looking at the dates posted LOL :blush: :hehe: