1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows I Really Need Your Help with my Final Year Dissertation About In-Game Advertising

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by trati629, 5 Mar 2007.

1. trati629

trati629 Can I Fix It? :$ Well Yes??

Hi all
    I am a Games Computing Student at the University of Lincoln, UK. I am doing my final year Dissertation;
    Does Advertising and product placement in computer games actually work as an effective tool for advertising a product? Does it interfere with the game-play?

and you very much like it if you could give me a minute of your time to fill in a breif survey about In-Game advertising.

In-games Advertising Survey

Thank you Timothy Trant

Please comment if you have any other views about In Game Advertising

I dislike advertising and product placement when the advets do not follow the theme of the game.

2. Techno-Dann

Techno-Dann Disgruntled kumquat

Filled.

3. hughwi

hughwi Minimodder

filled out for you tim

4. acron^

acron^ ePeen++;

I take it your course revolves around design? How'd you find it?

5. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

filled.

I have nothing agaisnt in-game ads.In fact i finally saw an ad in Bf2142 and it was about the Core2s, it just had a pic of the chip logo and the words "Battle Tested."
    The ad space was well beaten up and grimy and dusty, I actually rather liked it and found it fit in pretty darned well.
    I really don't mind such ads, they're on billboards, not any more intrusive then when you're driving on the highway, there's billboards there too, you can choose not to look at them.

6. Kurayamino

Kurayamino As long as the Raven flies

Hey Filled, I don't happen to agree with it at all. I notiece someone said they didnt mind the CPU advert in 2142, I didnt happened to see it. But I dont agree thats advertising here and now. The game is set in the future. Sports n Racing games I dont mind it to much makes it more real.

7. orb

orb satisfying.

The only problem is you're paying full game price, and then you also get advertisements, I'd have nothing against ads if the games were discounted or free

8. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

I got Bf2142 for 37$, so I'm not complaining (new&sealed straight from the shelf).

And you can't say the ads are up-in-your-face. They're just on the walls and it's not all over the place. They're rather bearable in my opinion

9. Smilodon

Smilodon The Antagonist

Ads are ok if they add something to the game. (billboards for a real product actually look way better than a made-up product).

Also, for example soda cans with logos and such is ok. screensaves on in-game computers saying windows vista , for example is also nice.

10. Denki

Denki What's a Dremel?

as long as the advertising fits in its good. When it sticks out for a sore thumb then its craptacular. Like seeing an add for a Ford F150 in BF2/2142 would just look out of place and be quite detracting.

11. jeff127

jeff127 What's a Dremel?

How do you know the games arn't slightly discounted?

Oh and I filled in the questionnaire for you. :)

Jeff.

12. ou7blaze

ou7blaze sensational.

If the games were slightly discounted in sale price and the advertisements blended in well with the game theme I honestly don't mind, infact for games like GTA and the like I would actually want them.

13. trati629

trati629 Can I Fix It? :$ Well Yes??

Thank you so much

You have no idea how much you have helped me with the filling out of the questionnaire and the following comments.

A massive THANK YOU :rock: :clap: :thumb:

Tags: