1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I-Tee Alu? Case

Discussion in 'General' started by DaRkPhAsE, 30 Oct 2002.

1. DaRkPhAsE

DaRkPhAsE What's a Dremel?

Hi,

mrhaz asked me to post this info (about 3 weeks ago shame on me hey I have no web skills had a holiday and got engaged so was a tad busy!) but I'm not sure exactly where to put it, so I will start it here and it can be moved if need be.

A little Background information, I found this particular case on EBAY about a month and a half ago and it looked SO odd I just had to bid for it, I was supprised when I won the Bid and it only cost me £80 but enough of that, this case is said to be Aluminium but weighs in at 9.1 kg with PSU. seems heavy to me.

goto www.d1iquid.co.uk and there are 67 images of this case from the packaging down to component parts, rebuild and system installed, I am currently using the machine to type this.

The installed System is as follows.

Mobo - Chaintech 7VJL Apogee
    CPU - XP2000 @ 2200
    GFX - MSI GF4 Ti4400 @ 4600
    MEM - 256MB PC3200 DDR
    DVD - Pioneer
    FDD - Generic
    HDD - Maxtor 40Gb 7200 RPM inside a ThermalTake Hardcano 5

The case can use 2 80mm fans on the side which was how I set it up originally but when putting together the lowe 80mm fan fouled the IDE sockets on the Mobo so had to return that to one of the supplied 60mm jobbies.

And before anyone else says it my wiring in here suxors big time but it is a bit nasty to clean wire, braiding seems to be a MUST HAVE for this, rounded cable were also used but abandoned when i found them to be to bulky to use sensibly, the case has limited space inside and no easy side off panel to allow cable routing once all components are installed. mrhaz was/is trying to source one from the supplier for a full review.

I'll be online in the forum for an hour or so if you have any further questions.

cheers.

DaRkPhAsE

2. DaRkPhAsE

Soz forgot to say this is not a 56k friendly site.

3. stewe151

stewe151 Stress Personified

wow... I like the yellow slots on the mobo, that would look perfect in my flourescent yellow case :D :lol:

4. DaRkPhAsE

Heh,

That's y I bought It!

5. stewe151

stewe151 Stress Personified

where did you get the mobo?

6. DaRkPhAsE

addonsonline.co.uk was about £80

7. Will

Will Beware the judderman...

Local PC store has these exact same cases for sale....can't say I'm a real fan of them, but they are most certainly different! :) They're reasonably well made as well.

That motherboard....sooo bright! My eyes, aaagh my eyes.......very colourful.

:)

8. DaRkPhAsE

The Mobo is under addons featured mobo section, just shy of £87 including Vat. :lol: not overly impressed with it tho, the onboard 10/100 has been a real pain, still isn't working right. leave it set to DHCP and the system works but not on the network, assign an IP and XP locks solid! turned it of and using my Intel Pro 100S. Sound is crappy as well not a patch on the onboard 5.1 on my Asus A7N266-VM.

9. DaRkPhAsE

Oh yeah,

The Mobo comes with 2 yellow rounded IDE cables and 1 FDD cable as well, also the front 3 1/2" 'C-box' with the USB and Audio outs.

I would have preferred a working onboard 10/100 tho.:sigh: