1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSU I think my PSU may be dead.

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by zeroinfinity, 6 Jul 2009.

1. zeroinfinity

zeroinfinity hmmm.

Here's the situation:
    I'm playing the beta for Aion, a new mmorpg, and then my computer just turns off. I have the auto start feature on my MB, so the computer starts up again. I figured that it was just a random crash, as the game is in beta. It turns off again!

So, now I realize there's an issue. It turns off once more while loading Aion, and this time, it stays off. So I unplug the PSU and plug it back in, and try start the computer and it immediately turns off. When I press the power button, the fan lights flash then it turns off. What do you think? PSU failure?
    (I don't have another PSU to test, but I do have a warranty on the PSU)...

Here's what I have:
    core i7 940 2.93 ghz
    EVGA x58 Mobo
    295 GTX
    6 GB Corsair Dominator memory
    Corsair 1000w PSU
    2x Seagate drives
    Windows vista

2. C-Sniper

C-Sniper Stop Trolling this space Ądmins!

It could be a PSU failure (most likely) but try checking the RAM and last but not least the motherboard. If anything it will be within those components as the cause of the crashes

3. zeroinfinity

zeroinfinity hmmm.

Well, I did the paperclip test today and the fan does what the computer does.. Turn on for half a second and stop. I'll be RMA'ing this thing. Thanks!