1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I took my cbt today (updated)

Discussion in 'General' started by herbs, 16 Mar 2003.

1. herbs

herbs Nobody but us chickens

A CBT is so you can ride a bike upto 125cc, if you already have a car license then take the cbt with provisional bike license part. If you dont have a car license im guessing you have to get a provional bike license. There is no written test or anything like that, but if you don't get a full bike license within 2 years you have to do a cbt again.

2. Fowler

Fowler mmm Cosworth

Right, so how do u practice for your test like?

Are you allowed to drive on roads after ur CBT on bikes upto 125 cc with a provisional licence and L plates?

Just wondering how u learn before you take ur test?

:D

3. hydrogen18

hydrogen18 Banned

/me feels lonely, I have a 70cc dirtbike(1999 Xr70 4 Stroke), but its 5 HP, and the limit on roadbikes for my age in America is 5 HP, making it useless as it will only do 45 mph. I love the fact that I can drive a 300 HP(sumthing like 4250cc) boat at age 12(well its 14 now but when i took the test it was 12) but can only drive a 5 HP bike .

4. SilverBullet

SilverBullet Banned

Lemme explain for you Jamie...

At 16, you can take your CBT (complusive basic training) and ride a 50cc bike only, if you take your test at this time, and pass, you can still only ride a 50cc bike, but you can carry a pillion.

At 17, you can then either a, take ur cbt, or move upto a 125cc bike. When you have taken this you can ride using a CBT for 2 years before having to re take it.

If at 17 you take your full Bike License, you can then ride upto any bike of 33HP for 2 years. After the 2 years you can then ride whatever you want.

Bike Tests are Hard, as you lead and have the instructor follow.

If you need to know anything else just ask.