1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LOL I won a mobile phone

Discussion in 'General' started by JCG, 9 Apr 2009.

1. JCG

JCG What's a Dremel?

When my last mobile phone died 6 months ago I made a bet with a couple of friends. The bet was I would not use a mobile phone for 6 months with the exception for job related stuff (if my job would have provided one, which yet didn't).

So no quick call to find out which pub my mates are or a call home to say i would be a bit late or a quick text when i'm bored.

As you can guess by the thread title I won, and have my free new Samsung SGH-B520V :D. And like any new gadget i can't stop playing with it. But those six months got me thinking, I don't know if I really want to be reachable everywhere. It was kind nice being able to step outside and being able to not be called till I got to where i was going.

But anyway, what "insane" bet have you won?

2. Smilodon

Smilodon The Antagonist

That's pretty cool. :)

I do have to agree that it's nice to be unreachable from time to time.

People normally don't want to bet on anything with me. :(

I do have an ongoing one at the moment. Looks like I'll be loosing this time. It's OK, though. The bet is to get a coworker to stop using tobacco, so it's really a win-win situation. ;)

3. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

Not a bet but my mum won a laptop by accident during some share trading stuff online.

Guess who got given it as a replacement for their cruddy desktop? :D

4. DaveVader

DaveVader Fast Action Response Team

That's a pretty awesome bet!
    The most recent bet I won was with 3 mates, who could go the longest without shaving! Made a cool £15 and had ridiculous facial hair (it doesn't really grow properly on me :()

5. JCG

JCG What's a Dremel?

And how you did you not shave? my record is a month, and a full beard is not my look i found out, nor did the handlebar moustache which was the next bet. But for some reason less and less people want to make bets with me.

Back to the mobile phone bit, the funniest thing was telling people I didn't own a mobile phone, especially when I told them I study electrical engineering. Some can't grasp the fact a phone is not as important as food water or oxygen and not having one won't mean you die.

6. DaveVader

DaveVader Fast Action Response Team

We went for a couple of months I think, it wasn't too long; my facial hair however, doesn't really grow thick so it kinda looked stupid. Good laugh though.
    I'm going travelling next year for 12months, I'm thinking of not shaving at all in those 12 months!

7. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

I use mine.. never?

I suppose I don't have a use for it.

8. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

I wish I had the thin facial problem. I go from clean shaved to Santa Claus in 6 months and Dumbledore in 18 months. Christmas Santa contest a few years ago.

john