1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Overclocking i5-2500k + P67A-GD53 + ME8

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by blinkieleblind, 7 Jul 2013.

1. blinkieleblind

blinkieleblind Tings and such

hi,

i recently upgraded my gpu to a 770 but had some issues with post on the 1.19 (1.j i believe). i flashed the bios to 4.3 but have read that the SB chips won't overclock with ME8.

Can anyone confirm or deny this???

want to get my oc back... and no i have not tried yet as i have not had time but curious if anyone has run into this at all?

many thanks.

2. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

Try using the + & - buttons on your numberpad when selecting the multiplier (or voltages etc).

I had exactly the same problem although I ended up upgrading to a 3770K anyway.

Apparantly the latest bios adds mouse support to the menus but removes the ability to control *some* of the selection lists (it works for memory but not for the CPU multiplier..... :confused:).

Note - I am running a 3770K in a P67A-GD55 on bios 4.3.

3. blinkieleblind

blinkieleblind Tings and such

ok so it looks good. PC posts no problem with my old OC and have 10 runs of intel burn test at the moment. The horror stories of bricked boards etc do not apply here.

will post to confirm when i'm satisfied i'm stable after some more stress tests.