I've lost 2008's upgrade fund to a broken TV, I've now built up another fund and I'm preparing to spend. I'm looking at a new mobo/CPU/RAM and I'm heading into i7 country. However, I am having a cyclic debate about which combination to go for... We can roughly equate the performance of the 860 and the 920, though each has slightly different strengths. The 860 is lower power and thus lower heat, which is always good when you are concerned about noise. It's a few months newer than the 920, but although the technology differs slightly there is not enough to really distinguish it from it's older cousin. The 920 can use triple channel RAM and is a proven performer but it does it's (relative) age keep it at a disadvantage - not according to most benchmarks. In terms of cost, the 920 is cheaper, but the 1156 mobo more than make up the difference... I've wanted a 920 for a while and 6Gb is probably the amount of ram I'm looking for so opting for triple channel seems cool. However, the 860 is cheaper overall (including comparable mobo) and I could always opt for 2 x 2GB plus 2 x 1GB of dual channel RAM.... If the decision wasn't hard enough, I then hear about the 930 coming - supposedly by the end of the month. Does this change the decision? What will the 930 entail and will it come in at teh 920 price point? When will stock be available? If nothing else, it should knock down prices of the 920 and probably the 860 to a limited extent. On the other hand, there will always be a newer component in the pipeline... I could be waiting forever. Besides, wouldn't there be firm facts in the public domain about the 930 if it was genuinely near to a hard launch? Other considerations? I suppose i need to consider the prospective futures on 1156 vs 1366. Is one likely to be better in the longer term than the other? Also, the P6TD seems to be well recommended for 1366, but it's a little pricier than I would like. But the corresponding recommendation is the P55-UD3R - highly thought of and £60 cheaper. are there any cheaper 1366 recommendations that will help close the gap? I'd prefer to keep under the £500 barrier so that would leave around £160 to spend on a mobo - the barrier is psychological rather than a hard budget, but nevertheless, the less I spend, the less grief the wife gives me - you know how it is! Decisions, decisions.... Any thoughts? Do I stick or twist?