1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Notebooks IBM Thinkpad?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by customh, 12 Nov 2006.

1. weknowtheworld

weknowtheworld Banned

Thinkpads are good laptops to be used.. Just see for high configuration at less cost..

2. eek

eek CAMRA ***.

Is that the T60P? It looks remarkably similar to the specs of my [new] laptop
    If so it is a very very nice laptop. It's extremely sturdy and the display is second to none - the 1400x1050 res is very nice and is higher than my 19" LCD for my desktop!!

I would def recommend it! Go buy it!

(p.s. they are Lenovo not IBM :p)

edit: it is bloody heavy though and not really all that portable!! If you want portability go with the x60 - I had one of those before and it was also very nice. IBM/Lenovo laptops have the best build quality over anything I've ever used before (sony, apple, asus, fujitsu, hp...).

3. customh

customh conflagration.

I don't want a tablet, the T60P is more expensive since all you can configure them with now are the 256MB FireGL's and all I need is the X1400.
    EDIT: And now the only thing one can get the 128 1400 on is the R60. 1600 something for the config I want...someday...

Last edited: 9 Dec 2006
  4. nicotine

nicotine What's a Dremel?

I have a ThinkPad T60P and I cannot be more happy with it. It does everything I need it to do very well and it even can play games fairly well too. I've played Company of Heroes on mine at medium-high settings graphically and it chugged very well.

Oh and it was free too so that's an added bonus. I love my job.

5. customh

customh conflagration.

I hate you for the free part. I want the x1400 so for now until lenovo changes their options again its the r60 for me.

6. nicotine

One of the perks of being an IBM employee. :)

7. customh

customh conflagration.

Now I really hate you...

8. eek

eek CAMRA ***.

Muahaha, mine was free too :p

9. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

Or you find yourself working in a building with no lighting because the temporary generator has died and lighting isn't deemed important enough... hehe we all turned our little laptop lights on that day.

I have a T41 (sorry, that was free too) and apart from me killing the spacebar when I shook a bottle of smoothie thinking the lid was on... it's done me proud. I've played around with quite a few thinkpads at work (I work for IBM). I didn't like the X60s so much, but that was due to the rubbish I had to install on it at work. Only thing that used to catch me out was the lack of a Windows button, but Lenovo have put those on now.

My current favourite laptop is actually the Dell Latitude D620. Not sure why exactly, it just feels really nice to use. Very, very heavy though.

You on SameTime? :D

10. nicotine

Yeah I'm on most of the day when I'm at work, but I won't be on until the New Year. Yay for vacation!

11. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

T4x's aren't really much thicker than MacBooks, you just have to pick the thin ones. :p

12. ThaDheiz_NL

ThaDheiz_NL What's a Dremel?

Ultimate test:

An IBM sale's dude took an Thinkpad, layed it on the ground and stood on the thinkpad during the whole thinkpad presentation. Afther the presentation he booted up the thinkpad and everything was working just fine :)

You can't do that with an other laptop ;)

13. Duste

Duste Sierra my delta, bravo!

Was he in zero-gravity?