1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Ice Box

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by PimPin>PC, 15 Feb 2010.

1. PimPin>PC

PimPin>PC NZ Modder

Hi all i'm just starting on my first tru modd, i have been reading the modding sections on bit-tech for a good week now and have loved every bit of it.

So here i am enthused and reddy to go the whole hogg:D im not to good with the typing side of things and a bit slow at it but i will do my best to keep every one up to date and to answer any sugestions that people give me:)

2. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Moved to modding until there are project log pics.

3. PimPin>PC

PimPin>PC NZ Modder

OK Sweet as i will put a pic up now ... but where do i put it?:confused:

4. PimPin>PC

PimPin>PC NZ Modder

I can't work out how to post my pic? could some one give me a pointer?

5. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Top left: User CP -> Pictures and Albums -> upload pic/create album -> copy and paste code into post!

6. PimPin>PC

PimPin>PC NZ Modder

Thank u:) sory about my clulessness, i have never posted on a forum be4.

Last edited: 15 Feb 2010
  7. PimPin>PC

PimPin>PC NZ Modder

[​IMG]

Last edited: 15 Feb 2010
  8. PimPin>PC

PimPin>PC NZ Modder

This is the dismantled chassis and frame after the paint job.
    I had this done proffesionaly By R.O JONES Pannel Beaters and Painters as it was abit too much for me to do with spray cans and since i'm studying at the moment i don't have any of my spray gear here it's all in storage, they made a fantastic job... thanx guys :thumb: :rock:

Sory but i have to borrow my naighbours camera for my pics and coulnt get a hold of him to get some b4 shots:(

Last edited: 17 Feb 2010
  9. PimPin>PC

PimPin>PC NZ Modder

I picked this computer up from Super Shed for $75 NZ dollers with all the original parts, man was it ugly lol, it had at least 3 different types of greys on it and not to mension the creamy beige color the pannels had yuck.

10. PimPin>PC

PimPin>PC NZ Modder

[​IMG]
    Here are the parts that where in the case, old but the work:)
    [​IMG]
    This is the AMD 2.08Ghz Athlon XP (Thoroughbred) CPU, designed specificaly for Windows XP in mind. This was coverd in dust sooo thick that the air from the fan that was trying to cool the CPU was coming back thru the fan and over heating the CPU due to the lack of cool air flowing thru the heatsink. So i removed the fan and heatsink and cleaned them up, then got rid of all the old brittle thermal past between the CPU and the H/S and replaced it with new thermal paste which has taken the temp down by 10 degrees and getting rid of the dust dropped it another 5 degrees so 15 all together:) Verry Niiice:p

Last edited: 16 Feb 2010
  11. PimPin>PC

PimPin>PC NZ Modder

I have been on this mod for about 4 days now and have made a bit of progress and will get all of u up too speed on what i have done so far, any coments and sugestions on the work so far is very welcom.

Unfortunatly this one was missing the front usb cover so i have to mabe make it out of Plexi Glass.
    [​IMG]

12. PimPin>PC

PimPin>PC NZ Modder

The case didn't come with any fans at all so i had to order some for the case but getting a hold of some 80mm fans here in NZ is verry hard especially the blue LED ones.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I finaly found a plce on Pricespy that stocked them I orderd the fans from Zcom Computer Wholesalers LTD in Auckland on Friday and expected them on Wedensday this week but to my surprise they arrived yesterday morning so i was stoked:)

They arrived in good packaging and were undamaged:) Big upp's to Zcom:)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. PimPin>PC

PimPin>PC NZ Modder

The reson for getting the the case painted bright white was for the arctic feeling like ice, as well as the blue LED's to contrast the white paint to get a verry cold icy shaddow effect as shown in the pics below:)

Here is the case after i put it back together.
    [​IMG]
    As you can see it has a few dints in it that only showed up after the paint job but hey it's an old case from 2002 lol so what else would i expect:lol:

Here is the case with the new fans installed, i used the flash on the camera to give u look at the difference between Lights on and lights off.

flash on.
    [​IMG]
    flash off:)
    [​IMG]

So whaddya think?

I have alot ideas that i would like to put on here, so tomorrow i have some about the PSU that i will modify as well. Any who its past 2am here and i have work in the morning so will post some more tommorow:)

14. DirtyH

DirtyH What's a Dremel?

actually, none of your pictures work for me, when I click the links all I get is a white page with nothing in it

15. Editor22

Editor22 E22 | Hex-Gear

Yeah I'm getting the same thing :(

You could try try hosting on an external site such as Image Shack

16. PimPin>PC

PimPin>PC NZ Modder

Oh ok i was pretty tired last night so must have done it wrong and i will try to get them working as soon as possible for u to see :wallbash: Thanx for the sujestion 22:)

17. imersa

imersa Parvum Princess

Glad you get the hosting all sorted. The white paint is looking smart :)

18. Krog_Mod

Krog_Mod Minimodder

First off, welcome to Bit-Tech! Second.. I've been on this forum for 6.5 years and I still have nothing to show for it, so props to you for jumping right in! :thumb: Good luck on your case mod.

Guest-16 likes this.
  19. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

Nice mod, very nice color combo

20. PimPin>PC

PimPin>PC NZ Modder

Thanx Krog_Mod, The_Beast, every body here seems really positive and thats why i started posting as well chers m8:)