1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News id Software sceptical about hardcore Wii U games

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 9 Jun 2011.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Jake123456

Jake123456 Surprise!

Everytime I look at the Zelda Screenshot my excitement grows just a little bit more...

3. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

Why do Nintendo need to go for the "sigh", "hardcore" gamers? Other than using the controller as a motion tracker for Aliens: Colonial Marines there isnt anything that is going to make people change what they already have. The graphics aren't going to be anything special and most the games are cross platform.

4. wafflesomd

wafflesomd What's a Dremel?

'The Nintendo market is a tough market for us to get into,' Willits explained. 'A lot of first party games, a lot of licensed games – those are the ones that have done the best on that platform. I'd love it if we can get a hardcore FPS community going and build on it, but it's tough.'

Yah because online gaming on the wii is a joke. I'm almost convinced that ninendo is completely oblivious to how other companies are handling online gaming.

'I think we should keep our toes where we know best,' - By adding a new gimmick with each console while keeping the hardware and price point low. By having three new mario games and couple zelda games and couple good third party games.

5. arcticstoat

arcticstoat Minimodder

Bit of an odd comment really, as quite a few of id's games have made it onto previous Nintendo consoles and they seemed to do pretty well. IIRC both Quake and Quake II were available on the N64, and Doom also made it to both the SNES and the GameBoy Advance. Obviously you couldn't put Doom III or Quake 4 on the GameCube/Wii as they didn't have the graphical power, but with a more powerful console, why not?

6. Woodspoon

Woodspoon What's a Dremel?

Casual console will only attract casual players, Nintendo branded itself king of the casual with the Wii

7. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

fps hardcore.. console

what's wrong with this picture.. oh yeah I forgot

8. OCJunkie

OCJunkie OC your Dremel too

Bam.

"[...] cater to the hardcore market as well as others suggest." Huh, who the hell even mentionned that to begin with?

Of course they've got alot to be skeptical about, they're basically releasing a Wii with a brick that has a screen in it as a controller.

"'I think we should keep our toes where we know best,' he added." Yeah, good call Nintendo...

9. Eiffie

Eiffie What's a Dremel?

I love nintendo games but why do they have to make their hardware so. . . different, can't we all just use regular controllers and focus on making the games better instead of putting touchscreens and crap all over stuff.

10. DrTiCool

DrTiCool Minimodder

reminds me Gabe Newell bashing PS3, now we got Steam on that platform

mpr likes this.
  11. mpr

mpr What's a Dremel?

Eh? Pokemon Snap, Beyond Good and Evil, etc... would make fantastic games on the system. As would some variation of D&D where 4 players had an adventure and the DM used the screen controller, and any other variation of niche if not hard core ideas come to mind.

I do most of my "hard core" gaming on the PC, but I enjoy my Wii and PS3 almost equally. Both have some pretty good games but I have more FUN with the Wii.

12. Ph4ZeD

Ph4ZeD What's a Dremel?

ID stopped making good games a very long time ago, so can't say I'm bothered.

Tags: Add Tags