1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors if this does not encorage people to slow down...

Discussion in 'General' started by samuelellis, 21 Mar 2004.

1. samuelellis

samuelellis What's a Dremel?

.....i dunno what will

http://forums.audiworld.com/s4/msgs/1584624.phtml

and this is a explanation of what happened from another forum i frequent

dunno about you but that got me thinking if a audi can go like that then think what could happen to a bog standard car in a crash

2. djgizmo

djgizmo 1337 pimp

Holy hell! Now try that with a modded sportcar. :jawdrop: Just imagine what the result would have been @ 200mph...

3. samuelellis

that is a audi a very strong car (kind of scary aint it that a car that strong does that at 130mph)

and just to make you slwo down further a analasys of a head on colission with a tree

http://www.ukspeedtraps.co.uk/death1.htm

4. jonesie

jonesie Minimodder

5. JADS

JADS Et arma et verba vulnerant

Strewth. Nice to see that as I have just started driving, will be careful with my right foot!

6. Lord_A

Lord_A Boom baby!

I don't know about most people, but when I speed (or used to cause my current car cannot do more than 90mph), when I speed, I am aware of the consequences. Yes I have family and friends that would obviously be saddened by my death if I had a fatal crash, but it's my life, if I CHOOSE to do 200mph then that's my choice, secondly, I don't do those speeds with any passengers, unless they are happy with it too.

Simple.

7. samuelellis

aye im the same lord a mate but there are quite a few people (and i know some of them personally) who think they can speed whenever wherever they want to because there in there car there protected they will walk away

8. Lord_A

Lord_A Boom baby!

Well, there is certainly a time and a place to speed if you want to, I'm not for doing 50mph in a residential area for example.

And for those who are naive (not to mention stupid) enough to think they are safe enough, well then tough sh!t for them, who cares.

9. jonesie

jonesie Minimodder

This argument makes no sense unless you're on a closed track where you've taken all reasonable measures to ensure there are no victims (pedestrians, motorists) on/anywhere near the roadway and thus in danger. You cant just think about you own passengers when you choose to drive recklessly.

Edit -

What the hell kind of attitude is that?? Driving is a privilege not a right.

10. Lord_A

Lord_A Boom baby!

I like driving fast, when the conditions are right.

I see no point going 70mph on the M1 for example when the traffic is very light. I will go as fast as my car can go, or about 120mph whichever comes first.

Say what you will, this is what I am and what I do.

Save your speaches for the 'boy racers' who do 100mph in 30mph streets with houses on each side.

11. jonesie

jonesie Minimodder

:eyebrow: whatever dude

12. xen0morph

xen0morph Bargain wine connoisseur

100's the fastest I've ever driven on the road for an extended period of time (that was on the M65, early in the morning, with no traffic whatsoever) and 100's the fastest I ever will drive. Can't really see the point in going faster than that - if you want to get there that quickly, you should set off earlier.

13. cderalow

cderalow bondage master!

my uncle did the same thing to a maverick and walked away with a bruise... granted they were prone to splitting in two

but the thing is, a well modded sports car would take that hit, and stay in one piece....

at least any seriously modded one... as for me, i'll continue to drive at over 100mph because well, i can

14. jonesie

jonesie Minimodder

Utterly irrelevant if you get diced to bits inside....

15. :: Phat ::

:: Phat :: Oooh shakalaka!

At least I didn't hit the Telegraph Pole that fast :D

16. olv

olv he's so bright

404 for me on the first link
    i want to see the pics!

17. RTT

RTT #parp

Could you live with yourself if you crashed with a mate onboard and you walked away and he didn't?

18. da-dude

da-dude What's a Dremel?

i think jonesie has hit the nail on the head; not only is speeding dangerous but its also illegal

what happened if a kid ran out in front of you on a 30mph road and you were doing 45?? he dies, it shocks the community, his parents, friends and family r distraught and you get locked up; is speeding really worth the risk???

so what if you can do a higher speed, its not the point - the speed limit is there for a reason!

19. Dad

Dad You talkin to me?

Let's not get into this speed thing again :rolleyes:

20. cderalow

cderalow bondage master!

thats why you wear a seat belt! :idea:

Tags: