1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News IFPI says ISPs should police users

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 27 Dec 2007.

1. naokaji

naokaji whatever

banning schools would solve that problem:D

2. The cheapskate

The cheapskate One custom title before Matty

+2

3. OleJ

OleJ Me!

Meh! Spend XXX billion euro on monitoring and everybody just switches to encrypted p2p.

IFPI, RIAA and the likes are as said using a "sledgehammer aproach". It will cost ISPs billions and billions but will not make the slightest dent in p2p activity after just a few months.

Someone really needs to take IFPI and Co. to school. It's sad when a bunch of old crippled and angry men have the power to cripple everybody else because they are lost in their ways.

Sad sad sad.

I would gladly work for IFPI and RIAA as an advisor so they would know how to NOT waste their and everybody elses time. Anything is better than the wreckless lawsuits and lobbying.

Poor old fools. Lost in the stone age of technology.

4. Kipman725

Kipman725 When did I get a custom title!?!

hmm if it ever got rearly bad we could just back to using bbs systems as they dont need an ISP :)

5. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

a better analogy would be to ban roads....

6. TomH

TomH And like that... he was gone.

The only difference between now and before, is the Internet appears to be police-able. Even at 21, I can remember taping songs off of the radio. Taping films off of the TV. Sure, my old man had paid the TV license, but that didn't make it legal.

I shouldn't worry. I say keep it up - what're they going to do, put us all in jail? Ohh laugh it up. It's a fantastic candidate for anarchy, as we've already seen.

Where do these 'alliances' get their money from? From record/movie sales! What we have here is nothing more than the cries of an industry seeing itself sink into financial oblivion, because the greedy *******s at the top don't know why they're there in the first place. This stinks of desperation. Nothing more.

We all know that they can't see passed their own noses; we're all laughing.

Bottom line is, there is always going to be piracy. But until they realise that the future is in digital distribution, with a wide variety of choice and quality, then piracy will continue to rise, not fall.

A very simple question: When was the last time you 'stole' a game available on Steam? It's just too simple to get what you want, and where you want it, with little-to-no wait. It's not perfect, but it is the future. Competition will only see that improve! ;)

7. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

i sleep easy tonight knowing that the heads of the RIAA, the MPAA & IFPA will all die before me.

8. outlawaol

outlawaol Geeked since 1982

Media saturated world wants $ for media... saturated world is dealing with media....

Its like getting cable, then complaining to the provider that you are getting commercials, then demanding that they remove the commercials cause your paying for it.

Stupid crap I tell....

9. scrumble

scrumble New Member

Under UK law it is illegal to intercept and listen to transmissions not intended for you, which is why it is illegal to listen in on other peoples mobile phone signals, in fact its also illegal to listen in on Police radio transmissions, and communications between pilots and Air Traffic Control. Although no one bothers to enforce it.

The same should apply to the internet.

10. pendragon

pendragon I pickle they

hahaha! :thumb: That's awesome.

Tags: Add Tags