1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Iiyama ProLite E2208HDS - 22" Full HD monitor

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 23 Dec 2008.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. death_munky

death_munky F*** the dremel, i'll use my teeth

Bought one of these a week ago and for the price I paid (£149) I think it's a bargin. I've had no problems with any of my games and aside from the black not always being black enough it suits my needs of gaming, website work and watching a few .mkv's perfectly.

3. _DTM2000_

_DTM2000_ Minimodder

This was looking excellent until I got to the part about no HDCP. I can forgive it for not having HDMI but no HDCP on a 1080p screen is a pretty big fail. I guess I'll have to wait a bit longer for an affordable 1080p screen that meets my needs.

4. Elfboy26

Elfboy26 What's a Dremel?

I agree...I"m looking for something to double as a monitor for my 360...gotta have the HDMI

5. Denis_iii

Denis_iii What's a Dremel?

take off the speakers, add hdmi and hdcp and i'd be ordering one right now

6. Tim S

Tim S OG

The Viewsonic mentioned in the review is pretty good - we'll have a full breakdown on it over the festive period :)

7. hir0da

hir0da What's a Dremel?

I've recently bought a Benq E2200HD, which Anandtech had reviewed last November. It's a pretty good LCD IMHO, and it has an HDMI port already. Hope you guys review that one too.

8. ambrose

ambrose What's a Dremel?

i just received my dell monitor in this config- it's supposedly 21.5 ins but yeah it was hella cheap and im planning to mod the hell out of it so yeah $300AU i couldn't say no.
    my dell 20 @ 1680x1050 had tight pixel pitch but this thing puts it to shame :D
    i have a ps3 and was hoping to get some blu-ray action out of it, and you can get hdmi-dvi cables, but how do you get the sound going? thre's no freakin audio out >:B

9. itazura

itazura PAWAA GURABU DAISUKI, YABAI DESU YO

tempting for the price, but i'm not sure... not that i can afford another monitor for a month or so regardless!

10. E.E.L. Ambiense

E.E.L. Ambiense Acrylic Heretic

I dunno... personally, TN FTL, but I'm also a picky graphic designer by trade so I'm used to staring at a calibrated CRT or even a decent-quality IPS panel. I think my biggest gripe with this panel is simply the sheer massive res on the physical size of it. Too bloody small physically to support that res for my eyes. I recall my 20" Dell IPS that ran @ 1680 x 1050 was just a smidge on the small side for my eyes to be comfortable, but a jump to 22" at the res did it for me. Of course, the panel was crap. lol. But that's a whole other issue.

11. dmak

dmak What's a Dremel?

@ ambrose, you wont get 1080p bluray playback over a dvi-hdmi cord as this monitor doesnt have hdcp.

12. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

13. 1ly

1ly What's a Dremel?

im not sure but i think the monitor does supply HDCP. just look at the iiyama page.

http://www.iiyama.com/de_DE/Product/product/158

please tell me if im wrong, im really intrested in this but i need hdcp compatibility.
    maybe some1 has experienced.
    thank you

14. sgspencer

sgspencer What's a Dremel?

I have the monitor (one of the first batch when it was released) and can confirm it supports HCDP fine - I've emailed the editor here to try to get the review corrected.
    It seems rather shameful that bit-tech just assumed that HDCP wasn't supported, due to no mention of it on the box, and didn't even test their hypothesis.

15. Chr!s

Chr!s What's a Dremel?

How are you finding the screen sgspencer?

This is on the short list for my new monitor.

16. rolly74

rolly74 Digital Marionette

The Iiyama is a nice one, especially the price is attractive but you won't have HDMI and response time is 5ms only. I personally got the G2220HD from Benq which is Full HD 16:9 as well (1920x1080), if you want HDMI and 2ms response time the Benq E2200HD seems to be a great choice, got a lot of good reviews on various review sites and hardware forums.

Check out this review: http://www.trustedreviews.com/monitors/review/2008/10/30/Iiyama-ProLite-E2208HDS-Full-HD-22in-Monitor---Exclusive-Review/p1, it does not only talk about the Iiyama but compares it to the HANNspree Xm-S Verona W22 and the BenQ G2200WT. Good read, check it out!

Tags: Add Tags