1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ikea?

Discussion in 'General' started by Washfordmonkey, 12 Sep 2006.

1. ReFredzRate

ReFredzRate Relix Headshot!!

There's nothing wrong with IKEA. I've got a complete IKEA kitchen here, IKEA bedside tables, IKEA wardrobes, IKEA salon table, IKEA wife... Wait... Was that IKEA? õ_o

2. Agent_M

Agent_M Minimodder

ah, i try and stay out of them as much as possoble, ive only been in ikea about 3 times in the last 9 years :p and zombie shoppers just get on my nerves alot anywherei think ^^

3. finboz

finboz What's a Dremel?

another thumbs up for ikea from me, all our furniture on the ground floor came from there and as has been said if you avoid the cheapy stuff and choose carefully then you will end up with quality furniture at bargain prices.

4. webbyman

webbyman Hax.

i think ikeas great, good value for money too...

the desk im typing on now is from ikea :O theres nothing wrong with it for £35! nice and big + adjustable height...

5. Washfordmonkey

Washfordmonkey What's a Dremel?

so a pretty positive vibe for the stuff then, well i already have my bed and im not changing that!
    i just need mainly living room furniture and some decorative bits... and poss some bits for the bedroom now..

6. keir

keir S p i t F i r e

iKeir :)

My bed, 2 big tall selve things, 1 medium sized laying down unit thing. and my desk. oh and my tv mount (projector mount) are all from ikea

They do nice meals too lol

7. Smilodon

Smilodon The Antagonist

I agree about the zombie shoppers. however you'll find that in most shops that actually sell something.

getting around in IKEA is easy (atleast the shop near me). The trick is to find the shortcuts and where they go to (so you don't end up back at the entrance...)

8. Washfordmonkey

guess its kind of like mfi then?

i went there last night and that was okay actually.. different bits of furniture set out into different rooms and examples.. was quite cool actually!

Will bust down to ikea as and when i get half a chance :)

9. DarkReaper

DarkReaper Alignment: Sarcastic Good

Cable routing becomes less of a worry when you have access to a jigsaw :dremel:

Know exactly what you mean though, it is a bit on the ridiculous side that they never have a slot behind where the tower is supposed to go

10. Sp!

Sp! Minimodder

just about every item of furnature in my house comes from ikea..

just as everyones said before if it looks/feels cheap and is cheap then it'll probaly won't last you too long (but if your a student in digs for a year or need a *insert item of furnature here* to get you by untill youcan afford uber expensive desner one who cares?), but the sensibly priced stuff is good value for money and the office stuff is really hard wearing (almost all my clients who by new office furnature buy it from ikea).

and you need to go to ikea just for the meat balls!!

Appart from really bigstuff that's delivery only ikea don't deliver what they have is an independant delivery agent who works out the store this is why thay won't collect /return or redeliver faulty goods (so it's best to check it doesn't look like the boxes have been kicked about before you pick them up). kinda nice when we got a new dinner table... walked up to the counter and they guy said he'd deliver it now... it arrived 10 minutes after we did back at home.

11. Washfordmonkey

thats pretty cool.. but i live a few miles from any of the nearest ikea stores...

think ive just scored myself a corner sofa i wanted, cream, less than a year old.. 65 quid.. bargain. Just need to get it down here.. Anyone wanna go pick it up for me and drop off down here? ill pay petrol and stuff :lol:

12. herbs

herbs Nobody but us chickens

The website stock level is utter tripe, they said they had a pc bench in stock so I travelled 15 miles walked around and went to get it, and surprise no stock. I check with a worker there and all 3 colours were out of stock and one was -12 on the stores system. I moaned and cursed then went home, checked the website when I got home and its still in stock in 2 colours. Bunch of swedish tossbags.

13. xaero7

xaero7 What's a Dremel?

I can't afford ikea :\. BUT they'res always target :D

14. MystChic

MystChic Geology Rocks!

I love ikea - though we don't have any ikea furniture, that doesn't mean I don't want any. They have some really cool lights and rugs. Anytime I need a housewarming pressie for someone - it's off to Ikea! :D

15. Solidus

Solidus Superhuman

Ikea. They make out like they are cheap and to an extent they are. You can buy cheap items from them but if you want the extras to go with that item, thats when they screw you over bigtime.

A bed = £75
    A matteress for it = £150+

WTF!

16. Washfordmonkey

same anywhere thou mate.. goto argos there the same kinda thing...

17. mushky

mushky gimme snails

My misses works in the customer relations call centre for ikea. She says most of the problems people have with ikea come from not inspecting the boxes before signing for it. The other one is people who live in flats ordering sofas and asuming that they come flat packed. Flat pack sofa... lol.

18. Washfordmonkey

lol that just me cry with laughter.. god knows why!
    so on the previous posts im guessing that ikea stuff is rated.

19. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

ikea reminds me of playing dead rising....

better not go there for a while methinks.. might go a little bit crazeee!

20. Lazy

Lazy Meow?

that's because mattresses are a hell of a lot more expensive to make!