1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Hands-on Preview

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Sifter3000, 1 Aug 2009.

1. juz1

juz1 New Member

maybe you could try the demo first...

Define Simulator....mmmmmm...

2. TESCO-Zsömle

TESCO-Zsömle New Member

A simulator try to be as real as it's technically possible. Realistic physics, aero- and hydrodynamics, etc... The players comfort, and enjoyment is secondary. Simulators are made for trainiging and learning, not for having fun. Of corse, this was'nt mean you can't have fun with a sim.

3. ledbythereaper

ledbythereaper New Member

An Il2 with nice graphics... that's for consoles :( I'll probably get this for 360 but it means no joystick :(

4. pimlicosound

pimlicosound New Member

I'm surprised you didn't knock ME for being a dumbed-down console RPG. I agree, it's fantastic, I just expected you to be consistent given the strength of your rant.

5. p0rn5tar

p0rn5tar New Member

Can someone from Bit-Tech please ask the creator of the fantastic IL2 franchise (the great Oleg) when we can expect Storm of War: Battle of Britain? I don't mind the fact that IL2 has been ported to the consoles tbh. Its another nice little earner for the IL2 dev team and the graphics engine can still hold it's own in the air simulation world (originally released 8 years ago!). Boom & zoom people, boom & zoom... :)

6. johnnyboy700

johnnyboy700 Active Member

I thought you could get joysticks for the 360?
    I'm sure I spotted a pre-release version of a Saitek X52 stick adapted for the X-Box (not the best stick I agree) at one of the games expo's last year. Did they can it or did it make it into production?

7. DraigUK

DraigUK Member

+1

this site is turning into a console lovers wet dream.

Where be the PC games?

Tags: Add Tags