1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm a moron

Discussion in 'General' started by GigantoR, 13 Dec 2004.

1. Cheryl

Cheryl What's a Dremel?

looks painful :( Hope your hand heals up soon .Im sure most people have punched things in anger then regretted it -at least it was an object and not a person as someone else said .

Dont worry i can be quite accident prone sometimes and its no wonder i havent seriously hurt myself sometimes (usually my favourite trick is going over on my ankle and nearly breaking it and i very nearly succeeded once ). yesterday , i went to sit down at my desk and scraped the back of my foot really hard on the back of my chair and later as i went to stand up i tripped on the cable to my computer and ended up smacking my mouth on my desk ! so now i have a bruised foot and a swollen lip :duh: (ok not as bad as your hand but hey i thought id give you a laugh :) )

So i wouldnt feel too much of an idiot if i were you! :D

Last edited: 14 Dec 2004
  2. WireFrame

WireFrame <b>PermaBanned</b>

No, I don't!?
    What, the ONLY way you can vent your frustration is to punch something? And you all agree? Talk about a bunch of testosterone fuelled Jocks.

And, after punching something with all his might, he is surprised that he damaged himself?
    And you think its HARSH that I point this out?! :eeek:

*total disbelief*

3. K

K 528491

Or someone... *cracks knuckles*

4. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

I remember kicking out at a chair, thinking it was padded. I was in agony and eventually got myself to hospital where they x-rayed it and found the teeniest hairline crack. Nothing to worry about at all and I was just told to take it steady but by god it hurt!

Lesson in life - never kick (or in your case, punch) inanimate objects.

5. Cheryl

Cheryl What's a Dremel?

excuse me but i ain't no testostorone fuelled Jock thanks very much :D or i wasn't the last time i looked in the mirror :D

6. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

neither am i, but i frequently punch stuff to vent frustration. the only thing to ever make me hurt myself though, was f-zero on the GBA. MAN that game was frustrating. git a bit carried away and thumped the first thing that was directly below me - happened to be my leg (was lying down) OOPS!

7. bloodcar

bloodcar Minimodder

heh, i punch concrete walls pretty frequently, end up with scraped knuckles most of the time, broke my hand in 3 places once....but it beats hitting someone else.....

/me has a bad temper

8. Lorquis

Lorquis lorquisSpamCount++;

*looks towards MDK for keyboard related masacres...*

9. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

It's just the way you implied he had something wrong in his brain. People do punch stuff - i punch pillows until exhaustion, it's a method of extreme frustration venting. Just because you dont understand why someone does something doesnt mean its wrong. I agree - i would never punch something hard, im not stupid :p;)

10. mrbungle

mrbungle Undercooked chicken giver

lol funny stuff

the worst thing i did was when my bird was winding me up

i walked into the bathroom in my halls and punched the wall.

It was plasterboard my hand went right through :duh:

that sucked

11. Shrapnill

Shrapnill What's a Dremel?

Been there, done that.

I know the feeling man. About 4 years ago I got in a fight with my (now ex) girlfriend. As I stormed out to my car I punched it. Now- this sounds stupid at first, but I drove a convertible at the time and figured not much would come of punching the soft top. Just so happens I caught the edge of my roll bar and got a lovely boxers break. Out of toughness I resisted the hospital for over 24 hours so they couldnt properly set my metacarpal back into position. I still have a huge bump where my bone has fused incorrectly. Good news is I get a Drs note to get out of those "write a 5 page essay in one hour" type tests in college. Writing for longer than about 30 minutes straight could damage my hand.

I havent punched anything (people excluded) out of anger since. Lesson learned here.

I also learned how to drive a standard with two fingers.

12. warrmr

warrmr What's a Dremel?

ok the worst anger venting i have seen is some guy at work getting rather stressed and punching a microwave and his fist going through teh reinforced glass door. now as we know that glass is the same glass they use in bullet proof glass and also has a radiation gaurd in the middle of it. all he suffered was a few cuts and bruses.

now me i went to a cash point to get some money. check my pin number wriiten on my hand type it in incorect. ok take card back goto car and look at the paper from teh bank take that wiht me and try agen ingorct pin please wait. 5 mins later please wait. banging cancle like a moron ok now im angry you wont like me when im angry bang i punch the screen and now i hurt broken finger

seccond incedent with a cash point it wont give me money so i kick the wall oh shite i have damaged the wall and hit teh metal box underneath now try and explain that to touchwood security.