1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A/V I'm Making A Dedicated Audo/Visual room (edit: Got a TV Stand)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by P2D, 26 Jan 2006.

1. P2D

P2D 99.999% Pure Spam!

Just been doing the "Run around finding the cheapest price" thing on a TV stand- Managed to save a few quid, so its worth it. The stand i chose i saw in a magazine but didnt know what it was, so had to do some research (I.e. Found it buy accident in the argos book). The stands an Alphason AG94/2-B. Argos has it for £300, but only in silver. I got it for £269.99 in black which is the colour i wanted.

Pic!

[​IMG]

clicky

Should get here in a week or so.

Mike

2. A3D

A3D What's a Dremel?

Wow..Im so jealous. How do you afford all that lol. Must be working hard. Just a suggestion, After you get all the stuff ordered for your room organize those speaker wires a bit if you have not already. Looks great man, cant wait to see the final outcome.

3. P2D

P2D 99.999% Pure Spam!

Thanks, Didnt see much point spending ages hiding wires knowing full well i'll have to rip them all out and re-do it when i get the stand. I can't wait for the final outcome either! One bit at a time!

The stand's here (well, at the shop) so im gonna go collect it tomorrow and will update then :D

Mike

4. dom_

dom_ --->

Could you re-size some pics in the mean time? The thread is now 4.3mb and jerks when scrolling to the bottom.

5. P2D

P2D 99.999% Pure Spam!

^sorry dom, these set are smaller..

Went to collect the stand today Got it home and now, 4 hours later (alot of hmm, and errr,s later) I'd manged to build the following.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Very happy with the results. The TV looks lob-sided and off center but i assure you thats just my photograpic skills coming into play (who needs potatoshop to make it look odd!)

6. A3D

A3D What's a Dremel?

Looks awesome, BTW is that tv stand heavy? I was thinking about buying a tv stand like that. I just dont want anything to heavy because i often move my room around.

7. customh

customh conflagration.

Looks nice p2d!!!

8. P2D

P2D 99.999% Pure Spam!

Stand said "36Kg", The TV said "40kg", + 20kg in A/v stuff = around 100kg

But it is suprisingly easy to move, it has these dome shaped plastic things you screw to the bottom and it glides over my carpet alot easier than i expected. Would deffo recommend, only slight niggle is the TV is a little low when mounted.

edit: an TQ :D

9. crazydeep74

crazydeep74 What's a Dremel?

OMG that is awsome!

10. A3D

A3D What's a Dremel?

Ok thanks P2D, Once again, looks great.