1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors I'm sorry, Dad!

Discussion in 'General' started by Froggy, 27 Aug 2003.

1. Froggy

Froggy What's a Dremel?

Dad i am sorry for doubting the new GTO. i pulled up to one today at a red light. i looked to my left and i was like "wow there out on the road already? great now i will race it!". well even in my fast 300 HP Tahoe, i couldn't beat him. the light turned green and off we went. we where neck to neck until about 70 mph when he started to get ahead. before i knew it we where doing MPH and i was a car Length behind. i couldn't keep up with him. we slowly got further and further apart. i never lost sight of him. i tailed him for about 2 minutes at some really high speed. honestly i though the new GTO would of been a toned down version like all the other GM's that make a comeback (think Monte Carlo). Dad what ever GTO you get, its going to kick some serious ass.

2. RaptorLord

RaptorLord What's a Dremel?

he was going easy on you so as to not make you feel bad :hehe:

3. Haddy

Haddy World Domination

but does it "got hemi?"

4. Dad

Dad You talkin to me?

:confused: You sure it was the new GTO? They aren't supposed to be released untill "late 2003". It could have been a Grand Prix GTP which is quite a speedy car. Actually, I'm almost sure that it wasn't a GTO as it should have blown you off the line from the start (no offense). Remember, Pontiac is saying that the new GTO will be pushing around 350hp and is a lot lighter than a Tahoe. I really can't wait to see one in person, this car is going to kick major arse!

Haddy: No Hemi dude. GTO = Pontiac = General Motors and Hemi = Chrysler ;) The GTO will have a 5.7l GenIII LS1 V8.

5. Froggy

Froggy What's a Dremel?

it was a GTO. i had plenty of time to look at it. even its licence plates said GTO. he probably did go easy on me. even with my powerfull truck it still is nothing like a GTO or Firebird.

6. Fly

Fly inter arma silent leges

5.7 Litre?

Man, you wait til the gas prices are as high as the UK, then you'll be sorry...:waah:

7. Dad

Dad You talkin to me?

:eeek: I'm going to have to take a little trip to the Pontiac dealer this weekend! I'm a little worried about the sticker shock though... ;)

Fly: Isn't one of the reasons that your gas prices are so high over there is because the energy tax? I remember reading somewhere that most people don't have air conditioning in their house because energy taxes are so high. I think that's one of the reasons that gas prices are so much lower here - the tax on gas is much less.

I hope the govt doesn't read this and raise taxes here :worried:

8. Froggy

Froggy What's a Dremel?

i get gas for free! i love watching the pump hit $60 and walking away without reaching in to my wallet.

9. Dad

Dad You talkin to me?

:eyebrow:

Um, and you do this.... how? :worried:

10. Fly

We just have a government that likes to tax "soft" targets like drivers, smokers and drinkers.

They give a public transport system that sucks and then say "you can always use public transport if you don't like paying fuel/car/insurance/value added tax".

Then we have the local police/governments slapping as many speed traps as possible on the road because they get to keep the profits fromt he fines.

I filled up my car today, 80 pence a litre... that's nearly $1.4 dollars to you US peeps, makes me sick.:grr:

11. Froggy

Froggy What's a Dremel?

is that $1.4 per liter or gallon? american gas is mesured in gallons. 1 gallon = 3.75 liter. anyway i work at a full service sunoco gas station so i get gas for free. :D

12. penski

penski BodMod

Per LITRE.

:(

*n

13. Fly

$1.4 per litre...

I didn't work out the gallon cost because you use a different gallon to us.

14. Froggy

Froggy What's a Dremel?

Holy **** thats $5.25 a gallon. lets see my truck takes about 30 gallons to fill, thats $157.50 to fill my truck! holy mother ****ing ****! oh well. employee discount :D

Last edited: 28 Aug 2003
  15. penski

penski BodMod

And you wonder why British people whinge all the time... :p

*n

16. -Rx-

-Rx- What's a Dremel?

....and you wonder why we drive small cars, and get annoyed at you lot for driving cars which need there own personal oil refinery!! :waah:

17. RaptorLord

RaptorLord What's a Dremel?

The GTO will get 18-20MPG even if you enjoy it from time to time :) on a reasonable trip in my WS6 I got about 26 MPG with the AC on the whole way...

I do realize how fortunate we are to have such low gas prices.

18. Froggy

Froggy What's a Dremel?

we could move to equador, the gas prices are near nothing.

19. cderalow

cderalow bondage master!

actually everything is near nothing... one of the guys that works for me is from ecuador and he sends his paycheck back to his family there.... he's apparently a millionare there..... makes standard mechanic wage for around here

20. Froggy

Froggy What's a Dremel?

hmm i wonder if they sell hyper threaded P4's there? :idea:

Tags: