1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rant In program previews

Discussion in 'General' started by theevilelephant, 22 Mar 2009.

1. theevilelephant

theevilelephant Minimodder

I couldn't really think of a decent title so this one will have to do! Basically am I the only person who thinks that its infuriatingly annoying when, mid tv-show they show you a clip of what happens later (usually part of the finale). Im sure its done to "keep you hooked" but all it serves to do is ruin the suspense and remove any surprise at what happens later on.
    I remember watching CSI for the first time years ago and being somewhat surprised when 10 minutes into a program all about finding "who dunnit" they played a small clip of the final scene where they caught the killer... The clip was easily long enough to identify the killers sex/height/hair colour, where he was arrested and by who! Now it seems to have spread to every tv show on the planet. Every add break there is a little clip showing something "exciting" that happens later on, my friends all give me wierd look when i close my eyes and stop listening during these clips :lol: but it makes the programs so much more interesting.

2. julianmartin

julianmartin resident cyborg.

I know what you mean....truly hate it!!!

3. Shuriken

Shuriken same christmas AV for a whole year

*fixed - Sorry, I couldn't resist it.

I totally agree with you though, and don't get me started on programs that start episodes with "Previously on...." or end with "Next time on...." :grr:

4. Smilodon

Smilodon The Antagonist

This seems to be an American thing. Bad shows that have barely any content need to drag out. They have lots of ads, and this "This have happened" and "later on <show name>". If they cut out all this and the ads i guess the show would be only 15 minutes per hour.

5. RinSewand

RinSewand What's a Dremel?

yeah I'd agree with it being more a US thing, watching Kitchen Nightmares the other day and seeing things such as...

"see the horrors in the kitchen later in the show, along with a huge supprise" type voiceovers, with clips of the kitchen and aforementioned supprise playing in the background.

RwD

6. genesisofthesith

genesisofthesith complete spanner

I've noticed it on kitchen nightmares, where at times it feels like you've seen the same show twice over, but can't say I've noticed it on any scripted shows.

7. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

let me add to the things i hate the fact that some times you have 15 minutes of ads for every 15 minutes of program!!!

8. Scirocco

Scirocco Boobs, I have them, you lose.

Yes, I abhor that! It also annoys me the little banners and animations they put on screen advertising the next program while you're trying to watch the current one.

9. Red 5

Red 5 What's a Dremel?

NCIS does it very well. At the end of each segment the last shot changes to monochrome with a thud, then at the end of the penultimate segment they do the same but follow it with the monochrome shot from the very end of the show. It does sometimes make me wonder what's happened or happening as it gives nothing away. But then, NCIS is class all over.

Another good one was the follow up to Peter Kay's "...Pop Factor..." thing. They went into the adverts with a preview of Geraldine ranting about something, then when it was shown in full she was complaining about people being taken out of context, with what was previously broadcast being an example. Strangely, that's the only part of it I saw.