1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Small Form Factor In Win BQ mini ITX build

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Guest-16, 14 Nov 2016.

1. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Bought one of these locally because I needed a replacement case+PSU. The old case 120W PSU blew after the Window Anniversary Update loaded the CPU to 100% for hours and melted the 12V EPS.
    People don't share enough builds these days so, here you are :p

The BQ is similar to the Chopin, but without the Alu front cover. Same (I think) 150W PSU bundled inside.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

VESA mounting bracket thrown in, which doubles as the vertical stand. Extra cables for optical or two 2.5" drives.

[​IMG]

Awww yis

[​IMG]

Couple of USB 3's is useful. The grill is raised for a bit of extra space inside. You can buy some with different colours I saw but this version didn't have. I prefer the black-painted internals.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

One screw

[​IMG]

I noticed if you want to replace the top grill with a window or nothing(?), the grill is easy to pop out.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

PSU cables are not braided by in all black they look very good to match the insides

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

150W 80Plus Bronze. It's difficult to remove.

[​IMG]

Rear side

[​IMG]

Optical bay has second slot for 2.5" drive

[​IMG]

Adapter included

[​IMG]

Twist and fit

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

First fitting

[​IMG]

As you can imagine, getting all the cables in is a bit tough because there's few places to tuck any extra, but there's enough space near the front.

[​IMG]

There's a dedicated hole but it's still very fiddly getting the SATA through to the rear side

[​IMG]

USB 3 and front audio cables are waay too long, but the rest tucks away nicely.

[​IMG]

Getting the SATA through its little hole in the corner was tough. Needed needle nose pliers in the end.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

All done!
    [​IMG]

2. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

I read it as "In Win BBQ mini ITX build".
    For a moment I though you might be about to fill it with charcoal and cook on the top grill :)

Very neat case and build.

3. spolsh

spolsh Multimodder

Wow, 6 SATA ports on ITX !

4. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Yea it was in my server then it got recycled into wife's PC duty.

5. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Awesome :D that really is tiny haha.