1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Industrial PC

Discussion in 'Modding' started by HollowFrank, 21 May 2005.

1. HollowFrank

HollowFrank New Member

I'm researching and looking into parts and components for an industrial styled PC with a few notable features, I would like to know if anyone knows of a supplier that stocks switches like these but with a push switch instead of a toggle, cheers.

[​IMG]

2. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Well-Known Member

I've seen a lot of those at various sites, but the were all toggles. That housing's just a standard cover though, I suggest you buy it, and install a push switch yourself. I you want to keep the looks though, you can buy toggle switches that automatically spring back when you let go, so it'd look the same, but act like a push switch.

3. Mother-Goose

Mother-Goose 5 o'clock somewhere

ooo i love that switch, i want to put my vertical fan in with a switch, and thats perfect, bit different but cool as well.

4. HollowFrank

HollowFrank New Member

I know i can easily replace the toggles with pushes, was just trying to save myself a bit of hassle. I need to measure up some sizes because I know you can get pulsating lit red push switches, if they fit I may fit them with these covers.

I do like these switches, Maplins call them "Missile style" i thought they'd be perfect for something that's going to look like a functional piece of machinery.

5. ehrnam45

ehrnam45 New Member

another idea would be to get some 22mm square illuminated pushbuttons with clear flip-up style protectors. Those always seem to make it onto control panels for nuclear missiles and space lasers. You could also get a big red EMERGENCY STOP type button to do something silly, or put rubber environmental seals/dust boots on your pushbuttons/toggles.

6. bobmister

bobmister New Member

how 'bout this for an industrial PC...

[​IMG]

7. Isuo

Isuo New Member

offtopic: Does that fly? :D

Last edited: 22 May 2005
  8. Ghlargh

Ghlargh New Member

I use industrial backlit pushbuttons for power and reset with power-LED and HDD-LED as the lights. I had to replace the lamp holder with a LED thou, and i tell you, it's not easy soldering inside one of those switch bases :D

9. HollowFrank

HollowFrank New Member

bobmister: i want mine to look more like machinery than electronics, something that works with clanking parts and so on, and that is a hell of a meaty fan

ehrnam45: those kinda buttons tend to be for the big final boom, hmm...maybe i'll mod a set of peripherals to go with it with that as a reset switch on the keyboard, that shouldn't be too hard to set up.

10. nick01

nick01 New Member

11. HollowFrank

HollowFrank New Member

Cheers, you're right, they are a little on the expensive side, but at least i know they're available. Cheers for the info.