1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress Infinity MOD - FINISHED

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by longyny, 7 Mar 2013.

1. Marquee

Marquee Mac Pro Modder

6 Pumps.:jawdrop: holy water cooling heaven batman, he has a water jet cooler. I am so going to watching this thread.:

2. faxiij

faxiij Minimodder

WoW. Initially I was unimpressed and did not read any further. Happy I did this time. A short check on that hardware and I lost my chin to the floor. That looks insane!

Fully bonkers, completely mental! Which obviously means I love it! :D :D

Will be exciting to see more updates!!

3. longyny

longyny What's a Dremel?

When I was planning this build one of the main goals was safety, at any level, and that includes also watercooling. I'm using xeon's + ecc ram to avoid corruption of data on the zraid pools.
    And I'm using dual pumps for each loop (one loop for gpu's, one loop for cpu's & one loop for ram+hdd's) to ensure that I can leave the system folding and be sure it will not burn if eventually one pump dies.

Thank you buddy!!

4. dreps

dreps Minimodder

There are no builds like OVERKILL builds :D subbed

5. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Well this is a bit bonkers to say the least! Bonkers is good.

6. matiss

matiss Minimodder

Brutaly Insane :D i like it

7. C4B12

C4B12 Minimalistic PC's

DAYUM! :jawdrop:

8. longyny

longyny What's a Dremel?

One more little update, the last one prior to start mounting everything.

I was making the last cuts and modifications yesterday, here is a shot taken by my daughter:

[​IMG]

Today, with the case ready, I've spent all day polishing, a Chinese work, but the result was well worth it.

First of all, it's mandatory to clean the surface, and after that, apply polishing additive:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And then, possess oneself in patience and polish. Here are some pictures of the end result, I know that the phone camera is crap and you will not be able to appreciate how good it's the final result, but I assure you it is a real mirror. Now, the stainless steel has a soft-touch really hard to achieve, seems silk, who has worked with this material will know the amount of work needed to get those results.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It's ready to start mounting everything, hope to have some time next week to do it.

9. that_du^de

that_du^de give your head a wobble

indeed polishing stainless steel is a pig if you don't have the right tools. you might want to get some cotton gloves to stop the acid on your hands marking it, yes it is stainless but your finger prints will show up on a polished surface. is the stainless code"306 dull finish"? and I think I was wrong when I said this is bonkers, as it was clearly a understatement! very nice work.

10. longyny

longyny What's a Dremel?

Thank's for your reply.

The stainless steel I've used for this mod is code 304. It belongs to austenitic steels family, and it's nonmagnetic. I chose this because it will isolate the hdd's zone from the magnetic fields generated by pumps.

Everything has a purpose in this mod, I've been planning it 3 years.

11. longyny

longyny What's a Dremel?

One more time, I'm coming with new updates.

I finished cleaning the case and have it ready for installation, so these days I've been dedicating myself to ride it all already. I have not finished or anything like, as there are a lot of components and details, but little by little over the next few days I will be showing every advance to final assembly, to be enjoyed by all.

Here I am looking myself at the case:

[​IMG]

The black spot it's a stain in the smartphone lens, I forgot to clean it to take that pic.

Here is a picture of the radiator MO-RA 3 PRO 9x120 with all fans installed. Finally I put only 9 fans instead of 18, otherwise It take too much space in the hdd's area and it would be impossible to work there to connect cables, tubes, etc., so choose by leaving only 9 fans, at one face only. Luckily, fans will not to bother with cables and pipes in that area now, so almost better.

[​IMG]

I have also anchored the cylindrical reservoirs already in place:

[​IMG]

From there I went down, to the area where are located the pumps and triple radiators, and with that I've spent the last few days mounting and connecting everything.

[​IMG]

Here is a picture from the other side, with the Lamptron FC-9 also put in place:

[​IMG]

I took some pics to show you the mirror effect:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And finally, everything mounted and connected, pumps, radiators, fans, reservoirs and the fan controller:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Although there are tons of wires in the bottom (24 fans and 6 pumps), I have achieved a pretty clean mounting and no wires are seen anywhere, I have tried to hide the best to avoid breaking the aesthetic , and it seems that I have achieved it.

One thing I didn't like is that the paint of the Aquacomputer radiators jumps just by looking, I barely touched and it is clearly seen as having paint spalling, I expected better quality in that extent by that brand, both roll with German quality for this.

If you look at the pictures, between both radiators and the radiator's fans, I have put few transversely, although you can only see one, the others are inside, to create a wind tunnel between the radiators, and the hot air from the first radiator will not reach the following one, but gets new fresh air and forces out hot air from the first radiator.

I also spent awhile with a system to release excess pressure of the three watercooling loops, all three reservoirs (both cylindrical and one dual bay) will be interconnected through the top (to avoid having fluid exchange between them) to a valve to release excess pressure. Here are some pictures:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That's all for now, the next step will be the hdd's zone, I will start with it the coming days, so you could expect new pics and updates soon.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Dragulax99

Dragulax99 What's a Dremel?

wow ...just wow...

13. longyny

longyny What's a Dremel?

More updates today!

I spent the last two days with the hdd's zone, and it's mostly finished now.

That's one of the Aquadrive's columns ready to be installed:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And here installed together with the central Aquadrive:

[​IMG]

And the central column finished with the double bay reservoirs, it only remains the left column of Aquadrives to be installed and it will be finished this zone.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And a gift:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The next stop, motherboard tray, soon more updates...

14. atc95

atc95 I have the upgrade bug!

I N C R E D I B L E :jawdrop:. Although if that thing springs a leak it isn't just your pc at risk, your whole room will flood :worried:.

15. longyny

longyny What's a Dremel?

Look on the bright side, if there is a fire in my room I can use my PC to extinguish the fire :D

16. longyny

longyny What's a Dremel?

I'm here again with new updates,

The last few days I was kinda bussy and I had no time to work on the Mod, but I'm finally here :D

Here we have our twins, two 1200W Silverstone Strider GOLD Power Supplies:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And also, the Motherboard fitted in its place with CPU's waterblocks installed:

[​IMG]

And, with one graphics card installed also:

[​IMG]

At this point I noticed one thing, the ram waterblocks protrude slightly and prevent me from placing a graphics card in the second PCIe slot, so I only have two options, either leave those waterblocks and I put only two graphics cards, or else I'll have to think about changing the ram waterblocks to install the 3rd graphics card smoothly. It's a tough decision, since I spent a lot of money in those ram waterblocks and hurt me in the soul having me to get rid of them.

I want to show you one last thing, every single loop will have this:

[​IMG]

A particle filter up to 0.27 mm, along with a couple of valves on either side to quickly disassemble, clean and reassemble. I decided to include that in the loop because in other previous WC systems I had in the past, I always ended up with particles of dirt and debris in the water that are always present in radiators, and that way it will be easier to eliminate those pesky particles from the system.

Notice also that in the second pic of the Motherboard are connected the sleeved cables too, at the right top. If you don't look carefully they go unnoticed.

17. Vetalar

Vetalar *learning english*

just awesome!!! metalwork, parts... everything! and especially single ramblocks from koolance!
    interesting how restrictive they are? and 16 of them?

18. longyny

longyny What's a Dremel?

I can't tell you how restrictive they are 'cause I haven't tested them yet.

Anyway, when I start testing the whole watercooling system I will post here the results.

You can expect an important restriction, not only for those ram waterblocks, but for the entire system, so many blocks, a huge amount of fittings, valves, filters, radiators...

19. TheP

TheP What's a Dremel?

Looks realy nice so far.:clap:

But I have to admit that my first thought of all this watercooling was: "What does he want to cool down....a nuclear power plant :eyebrow:"

20. Asouter

Asouter --------

Astonishing, I bet that motherboard weighs a tonne with all those waterblocks, how on earth are you going to brace the motherboard tray.

seriously cool build frood