1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Overclocking Initial Haswell OC testing

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Neogumbercules, 12 Oct 2013.

1. Neogumbercules

Neogumbercules What's a Dremel?

Hi guys! Just started trying to push my 4670k to it's limit.

Check build in sig.

I'm using an H100i cooler with 2 SP120 fans set to max mode.

For the last couple of weeks I've set my CPU Voltage to 1.250v and kept it at 4.5GHZ. Even with the H100i I'm going over 80c during a burn test. However, it doesn't crash. I can run pretty much anything else and it'll barely crack 60c. Seems 100% stable.

I wanted to push further so I went with 4.7GHZ at 1.265v. It's stable until I try to really push it. It crashes instantly upon starting a small FFT or an AutoCAD render. Need more volts but I have to decide if it's worth the temp increase. I will almost never run anything that pushed the CPU anywhere near an AIDA or Intel Burn Test load, so those peak temps will never be reached.

Or I can just delid :dremel:

2. TheMadDutchDude

TheMadDutchDude The Flying Dutchman

That's more or less the same as my 4770K. It'll do 4.5GHz at 1.25v and hit about 75c max under a D14 but it needs 1.35v to be stable at 4.6GHz. :(

If it instantly crashes, check that you haven't got power limits in place. Increase them to 130% on both the CPU and RAM if you haven't done so already.