1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics Inno3D your opinions...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Awoken, 12 Apr 2005.

1. Awoken

Awoken Gazing at the stars

Has anyone had any experience with Inno3D cards? I've searched google which only produced one or two users who had had problems with booting using the 6800gt and a few issues with the FX5200. They don't seem any worse than any other company but the boards are about £50 cheaper e.g.

Dabsvalue Inno3D PCI-E 6800GT £235! Compared to ~£285 everywhere else. They seem quite popular in Asia. There must be a catch :eyebrow:

2. ehrnam45

ehrnam45 What's a Dremel?

I bought a gF2 MX a few years back from them, white box OEM. It was a reference board design, nothing fancy. They save cost by not making their own design or adding extra features like overclocking utils etc. Their components (RAM, caps, etc.) are lower quality/price, but it's the same GPU as any other brand. If you're not crazy about OCing it, and aren't afraid to venture on a budget brand, by all means get one. I'm not a die hard gamer or OC-er, so stuff like that isn't really important to me. Both of my rigs are running FX5200 cards, one ASUS and one MSI. I bought the ASUS cause it was sub $100 when I bougt it, and the MSI because it was the most powerful card I could find with a passive heatsink for my HTPC.

3. Awoken

Hmmm, wonder if the difference of a few mhz is worth an extra £50 (or £100 as I'm putting together and SLI rig). Probably not...I'll have too see where prices are when summer rolls around (Dabs now have Giga-byte's 6800GT for just £3-5 more than the Inno3D, if only they had stock)

So no horror stories then? :D

4. unrealhippie

unrealhippie What's a Dremel?

I had one of those dabs cards, full retail with nice software bundle... seemed alright to me.. stock heatsink - there just plain jane nothing special... clocked alright mine too. (X850 now tho...)

5. severedhead

severedhead What's a Dremel?

I had an Inno3d GF4. It was alright, did what it was supposed to, but nothing more. Only OCed ever so slightly and was plain boring really! The important thing is that it does its job though, and for a "regular" PC user then its a good product at a cheap price.

6. padair

padair Inebriated

Same for me, I bought the Dabsvalue and got an Inno3d. It did the job just as well as Radeon 7000 it replaced.

7. Awoken

Hmmm, I wonder if the Inno3D 6800gt would have much trouble hitting Ultra clocks with the right cooling, might prove to be just as attractive as the XFX 6800gt (I'm not interested in bundles just price and performance).

8. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

I have a Inno3D 6800GT, 256MB bought from Hong Kong last June'ish. It is the full spec card, came in full retail packaging and seems identical to other manufacturor's 6800GTs.

The reason I opted for Inno3D - well, it only cost £250 last June from HK - compared to over £300 for a similar card here in the UK.

My card is a very early revision, and that probably explains why it initially struggled to reach Ultra core speeds. A quick adjustment of the vcore (up to 1.4v, same as the Ultra) in the bios and NV5 cooler (for peace of mind) soon sorted that. It now runs up to ~425/1.15 with no problems whatsoever. I suspect 6800GTs produced more recently would overclock better, due to improved cores etc.

9. Yiping

Yiping What's a Dremel?

i have a Inno3D 6200 pci-e... a few of my other frens has Inno3D pci-e n agp.. but it seems onli i have no luck.. i got a faulty NV43 core... so now im stuck at 4pipes... but 6200 ocs very well...

10. WORMAGE

WORMAGE What's a Dremel?

imho i think with all conponets its just down to sheer luck if u get a good one or bad. if u serach google for good inno3d and bad inno3d you will find ten pages or more on each category. i orderd a inn3d 6600gt and the only reason i stopped the sale was coz it was out of stock for about 3-4weeks and i needed a card right now. :p

Tags: