1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Insect Stings (formly: cherry popped)

Discussion in 'General' started by Jamie, 27 Jun 2007.

1. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

Almost 24 years old and I had never been stung by any type of insect. Today I was eating lunch in the office and a wasp crawled up inside my jeans and stung me.

I've now lost my argument that you only get stung if you piss them off :wallbash:

Anyone else managed to get away without being stung?

2. mrbungle

mrbungle Undercooked chicken giver

I got stung by a wasp once when i was a kid

We found a a wasps nest so thought it was a kick ass idea to ride our push bikes over it

that idea really sucked ass

3. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

At first I thought this was one of those, "don't want to read this but expect it on the internet" kind of threads.

PICS!

:D

4. K

K 528491

I got stung by a wasp right in my eye when I was like 5 or 6. Totally unprovoked. I was on a swing! Horrible things.

5. Monkeyboy

Monkeyboy Minimodder

i got stung horribly when i was 10... i'm kinda phobic about them now....

6. specofdust

specofdust Banned

I've been stung by lots of bees and wasps in my life, never found it all that bad. I dont mind bees, if they sting me they die so I don't tend to kill them by default, but if a wasp is in the house it dies. They're some of the most useless creatures around.

7. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

I got stung by a wasp when i was young (cant remember age) but it was right on the behind :waah:
    Mind you, i was watering a tree and the wasps decided to make a hive in the roots. Ha ha, most drowned i hope :D
    A bee has also stung me, mind you i did pick it up :duh: days later my index finger was double its normal size, wasnt funny at the time.

I fully agree with that quote, i think we should be pleased that we dont see many hornets.

Sam

8. K

K 528491

The wasp is nature's chav.

9. DreamTheEndless

DreamTheEndless Gravity hates Bacon

I'm deathly allergic to honeybees, so I try to avoid them.... Still, I've been to the emergency room 3 or 4 times getting mega-doses of benedryl combined with big shots of epinephrine.

Good times..... Haven't been stung in more than 15 years though..... (Knock on wood.....)

10. oddball walking

oddball walking ...!

:lol:

wasps are nasty buggers, but not ad bad as hornets with stingers the size of rhino horns. :worried:

11. sinizterguy

sinizterguy Dark & Sinizter

Been stung by bees, mosquitoes, wasps and some random other stuff. Not nice.

12. alastor

alastor Minimodder

Never been stung by bees or wasps and don't want that to change :worried:

13. padrejones2001

padrejones2001 Puppy Love

Ran over bees and wasps nests hidden in the ground multiple times while mowing the lawn. Really pisses them off and guarantees you'll get stung many, many, many times.

14. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Honey Bees = cool
    Wasps = "I'm here to piss you off"

15. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

I think he still has that thread to come ;)

16. Mr.ME

Mr.ME Minimodder

happend to me too.
    also got stung on the side of my hand, was swollen for e week, coudent move 2 of my fingers because of the swelling.
    also got stung once behind my ear (that was the first time)

17. Hiren

Hiren mind control Moderator

You forgot to mention whislt trying to get rid of the insect you performed greatest riverdance impersion I've ever seen. The office is crawling with the little buggers.

18. woof82

woof82 What's a Dremel?

I had one crawl up my shirt while I was doing some work. Really not sure how it got there without me noticing but when I went to rub what I thought was just an itch it stung me, I tore my shirt off and ran out the room shouting expletives.

19. DreamTheEndless

DreamTheEndless Gravity hates Bacon

My friends dad had an interesting solution for those in ground nests - we were having a 4th of July picnic/explosion fest at their farm several years ago and a yellowjacket nest was discovered close to the front rose garden. My friends dad sent us to the barn to get a gallon of diesel fuel which he then poured into the hole in the ground.

That might have been enough to kill them - I mean, crawling around in diesel can't be good for the little buggers.

Then he lit it on fire -

20. oddball walking

oddball walking ...!

I remember when my brother put a foot in a wasp nest. I also remember the nest on fire and and burred until the last of the buggers were dead :naughty: