1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steam Insurgency Sandstorm

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Parge, 9 Nov 2018 at 09:50.

1. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Anyone played the first one?

It's probably best described as Counterstrike merged with Battlefield. Hardcore in the sense that you die quickly, and there aren't any enemy 'markers' (you determine friend from foe by the way they look) but nothing like Arma etc.

I've been following the development of 'Sandstorm' - essentially Insurgency 2, for a while and things are going fairly positively, which is good news with the release date coming up on the 12th of December.

It was this or Battlefield V - and I honestly don't think BFV offers anything compelling or new for me, so likely this.

2. Xlog

Xlog Active Member

Been playing insurgency off and on since the release of a free mod.
    Full stand alone release was previously called "Insurgency 2", so calling Sandstorm that is a bit confusing.

According to steam, played Sandstorm for 7h so far (pvp, haven't yet played with latest "18 pages long" patch), my thoughts:
    * I'm still conflicted about addition of call in strikes, in some rare cases they can help (smokescreen especially), but usually the person calling them in have no idea what he is doing or is spawn spamming, feels like it was added just to draw in COD crowd.
    * Vehicles so far are pretty much useless
    * Doors, vaulting, quick reloads, manual cache destruction are great additions
    * Some of the character models and voices especially are very similar between sides, so it leads to a bit of confusion about who is friendly and who is not
    * Thank god they kept scope mechanic, yes, its a resource hog, but it does look good