1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics Integrated graphics

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Jake4d1, 3 Jan 2008.

1. Jake4d1

Jake4d1 lol wut iz dremul?

So, how much performance does onboard graphics have now? Specifically the "NVIDIA GeForce 6100/S-based. 2D/3D graphic engine"
    About the same as one of the old 64MB graphics cards?

I'm asking because my new motherboard has it and I can't afford a new graphics card and PSU for at least a month.
    (I got a great deal on an unassembled barebones system)

AMD 1.6GHz Sempron, and 1GB DDR2 667 are what's going on it btw.

2. cpemma

cpemma Ecky thump

I think you'll find things have improved considerably. Just don't expect 8x00 performance. ;)

http://www.hardwarezone.com/articles/view.php?id=1718&cid=6&pg=5

But 6150 has the bells & whistles.

3. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

I got Asus M2A-VM mobo to my HTPC/2nd rig and it's got integrated graphics by ati. The chipset I guess is 690G and it's supposed to have integrated grapics card based on x1250-series... The long series of numbers seem impressive, but due to the driver-support that manages to both suck and blow at the same time the possible performance is yet to be seen. I managed to get it to work once, but by then I only had a chance to play Action Quake 2, which pretty much runs on any setup made after year 1990.

I tried to make some comparisons of the 6100 you are looking, but didn't really get anything cleared. I blame Ati and not the graphics being integrated about the issues I've faced, but don't wait too much from it.