1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Intel Alder Lake-S 'Core-1800' CPU specs emerge

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech, 5 May 2021.

1. bit-tech

bit-tech Supreme Overlord Lover of bit-tech Administrator

Read more

2. phuzz

phuzz This is a title

Yes, but will they be artificially limiting that in cheaper chips as they have in the past?

3. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

I think recent history has demonstrated that what Intel "intends" and what actually happens can easily be two very different things.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised at all to see ultra-low volumes of these chips released so they can be reviewed and AMD can be "beaten" at the end of the year - a bit like the ultra-low volumes of 10nm chips released so that it can be said they're shipping 10nm parts after years of delays. And the dual-core i3 with a limit of 32GB RAM with AVX-512... so it can be said AVX-512 is in consumer parts.

But high volume shipment? I really doubt it.

Also, permitting programmers and users much stricter (and more easily accessed) control of core assignment is going to be much more important with a hybrid architecture.

4. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Considering the high risk of big early adopter penalties from the triple new of Mixed cores, DDR5 and PCIe5 it'll probably be worth skipping Alderlake anyway and wait for its inevitable refresh a couple month later.

5. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

20% IPC uplift with a ~20% all core frequency drop. Yeah, let's hope that's not their top SKU.

6. Tom Sunday

Tom Sunday What's a Dremel?

Have been wondering if there is some more "shortselling cash" to be made with Intel's Alder Lake release in a few months. I did extremely well with AMD stock in 2020 and in less than 8-months time. Thank you to all AMD lovers for your support. Perhaps this time around not exactly doubling my money with Intel, but a 30% stock uptick might be the number and at Intel's 4th quarterly earnings calll in early 2022.

Tags: Add Tags