1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Intel and DreamWorks unveil InTru 3D

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 21 Aug 2008.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

Oh, that must be a big blow for AMD considering all of Dreamworks films that i know of are rendered on HP machines that use AMD CPU's. It seems Intel are swallowing every market that AMD either had or has, or could potentially get.

Sam

3. BurningFeetMan

BurningFeetMan New Member

This 3D technology gives me a headache too and when combined with a REALLY bad movie... I watched Spy Kids 3D with my 4 year old cousin once. Needless to say I never did regain use of the left side of my body. :(

4. mclean007

mclean007 Officious Bystander

I'm sure that will happen, just as every advance in CGI brings with it some terrible movie which relies on said effects as its sole selling point, but after the novelty wears off, I think we'll see some really decent films making use of 3D for added immersion and dramatic effect.

Of course, the additional work to create a 3D version of a movie which has already been animated in a computer (where in essence you just re-render from two slightly offset 'eye' positions) is less than for live action 3D cinema, which requires special heavy dual optics cameras which have to be exactly synchronised and are very sensitive to camera shake etc.

5. devdevil85

devdevil85 New Member

Well if done right, then I am really forward to this....

6. TerraKhan

TerraKhan New Member

Spy Kids 3D was not done in the RealD format and was done using older 3D technology. There is an enormous difference between the older technology and the RealD movies. I recently saw jorney to the Center of the Earth in RealD and while the movie itself was not so great, the 3D was stellar!

Tags: Add Tags