1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Intel Core i5-655K Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Sifter3000, 2 Jul 2010.

1. knuck

knuck Hate your face

For the record, some P55 boards have to be flashed before you can use this cpu. Don't do the same mistake we (friend and I) did...

Oh and despite reading the article and everyone's comments, I still don't get the hate towards this cpu. It's not that expensive and even with a slight overclock it becomes a good performance for money CPU. It's nothing spectacular, but at least it's easier to overclock than regular locked Core i5/i7s. You also get to save money by buying cheap, regular ram instead of high performance one.

With that said though I still haven't overclocked his CPU, which would make him one of the lunatics that you mentioned ;)

2. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Well, the hate for this is that it's quite a bit more than the standard version, but there really isn't a real compelling reason to buy it.

Couple it with the fact that it isn't exactly a marathon runner in terms overclocking doesn't help either.

3. knuck

knuck Hate your face

Have overclocking standards change or am I the only one who thinks 4.6Ghz is pretty damn good ?

4. isaac12345

isaac12345 What's a Dremel?

4.6Ghz is pretty good, but its a dual core competing with a highly overclockable quad core. For CPU intensive tasks, its poor value for money. AMD have it right by having an unlocked multiplier for their more affordable CPUs.

5. isaac12345

isaac12345 What's a Dremel?

@Bit-tech - Can you please include graphs for performance per watt as well?

Tags: Add Tags